Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Years Ago

The most wonderful man left this world and broke my heart. My Papa. I will never remember coming home from the lake on Father's Day only to find my dad shattered and knowing before the words left his mouth that my Papa was gone. I never thought that the day would come so soon. I never thought that he wouldn't be around to see me buy my first house, finally find a man that I love and makes me happy, or miss my wedding day. I know that he is still with me in spirit and has been and will be there for all the big stuff that happens in my life. It is just so hard at times.

Every time I see a light house, I think of him. He absolutely LOVED light houses. When I was picking out Father's Day cards this year, there was one for a grandpa with a light house that I would have gotten him. I think I still have the card that he never got to read two years ago. The man was amazing and I love and miss him so very much. I miss everything about him and all that we used to do together. I miss just our phone calls in the morning on the way to work, knowing he was always there and the comfort he provided.

I love you Papa just as much as always. I think about you and miss you every single day. You are always in my heart.

No comments: