Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Ink

I have always known that I have wanted tattoos, but was always so scared that they were going to hurt. It took a ton of courage for me to get myself down to the shop last July 13. Yes, I went and got my very first tattoo on Friday the 13th. I had spent tons and tons of time trying to find something meaningful and that I liked. I have always wanted a tattoo that would be a memory of my brother. And everything I picked was stars...like he was my shooting star! I found a few different designs and drug my mom with me. She wanted to get one as well in memory of our sweet baby boy that couldn't live in this world with us. Now, I not only knew I wanted a tattoo, but knew that I wanted one on my back for sure, but was having a hard time figuring out the right one to put there. I decided I would get the first one in memory of the little man on my foot (I had been dying to have one on my foot!).

In I went. Twenty minutes are so later, I was in the chair and we were discussing exactly where I wanted it at and which foot. I was a bit nervous. It definitely didn't help when the guy looked at me and said, "Do you know that the top of your foot is one of the most painful spots?" Gee, thanks buddy. I sucked it up and went for it anyway. I am so thankful that I did. It truthfully didn't hurt. There was a couple uncomfortable times, but that was about it.

So this is the foot. Done July 13, 2007. I love it so much. I don't regret it at all. I still look at it all the time and there are plenty of times when I will look down and just smile in memory of my baby bro.

For reasons that I am not going to get into, I decided that I would be getting my lower back the next day. My mom got hers done right after my foot. It turned out so good. I was able to pick out the design and it really was a pretty tattoo.

Saturday morning I was up and on my way. I was steaming upset and new that a little pain would make it all better. Before when I would get pissed, I would go get a new piercing. Well, I don't need anymore of those, so this was the only other option. I wanted one similar to my mom's but different at the same time. I wanted it to be feminine and definitely not to look trashy. I think it took him longer to figure the design out then it did to do it.

July 14, 2007. I almost didn't post that picture because I feel it makes me look like I have a muffin top. Since then I have lost some weight and don't have that little problem...or just hide it very well!!! But I absolutely love the design. I love the shading.

So there you have it, my ink. I know I want to get more, I just don't know what I want or where.

3 comments:

kat said...

Whoa Steph a tattoo on your foot? I feel like screaming in pain (admittedly silently). Those are two beautiful tattoos though I like the one on your back better.

Anonymous said...

Very cute and I like that they are both stars with swirly lines. Was that done on purpose. Love it!

Sarah Lynn said...

I jusr got my tattoos this year. I have them on the inside of my ankles. I also have stars. I have 3 on my right ankle & I got my name done on my left. Love them! And it really doesn't hurt so much.