Friday, June 6, 2008

A Good Night

Had a pretty good night last night. It was family night, we all ate dinner together, and then hung around the house and played outside some. My next door neighbor has a little girl wiener dog that is the same color as mine, but her hair is a little longer. She was out in the front yard and the kids and her ran and ran and played in the grass. If I was thinking, I would have grabbed my camera. Last night I was so tired, I had a hard time thinking of anything though. It was so cute watching them run all around. Hopefully some day soon we can get Swae a little dog. She LOVES them and is so good with them. Just right now isn't the time.

We took the kids home after giving them a bubble bath and I was surprised because Kasey actually came over and talked to me. I was shocked and relieved at the same time because all I have wanted from day one was to start a civil friendship for the kids sake. They are what is important and always come first. It was just nice that we were able to talk about things that involved them and just be...nice. She was thoughtful and gave Eli and I a copy of Swae's report card.

Little gestures like that make me hopeful. I mean, I know that I would have a hard time being in her position - us being friends, me now being with her ex and around her kids. I don't know. I just feel like we are entering a new stage that will not only be good for the adults, but one that will be so much better for the kids. I never want them to feel tension or animosity or anything negative. I have done a lot of thinking and spent a lot of time trying to think about how I would be if I were Kasey and in her position. I think that I would have had a hard time in the beginning, but after some time I would start to be more comfortable with the fact knowing my kids were with someone I used to trust and was around them all the time before. I would realize that the two of us grew apart, but that nothing was being done intentionally or to be malicious.

I can't help but wonder that if she is being nice like this and things are going so well, that maybe, just maybe she will allow me to pick the kids up from daycare in the off chance that Eli can't. I just don't know or understand why that is an issue when I am able to discuss what kind of medicines we are using, or being included in back to school night. I just really hope that we are able to use this whole new thing as a positive and make sure the the little ones are what we are thinking about. I don't want any bad blood or any hard feelings.

No comments: