Monday, June 16, 2008

Beet Red

I guess it's time for the embarrassing story that happened on Saturday. I am still extremely embarrassed and can't believe that it happened. Oh well. I guess it would have happened eventually, just not this soon...

Saturday morning was a busy one for me. After having coffee with Kara for the last time before she left the country, I went home and made the man some breakfast. He LOVES breakfast. Well, for the last week or so, he has been very...frisky...and we talked about a shower together. So after dishes and stuff I went upstairs and hopped in. I waited for what seemed like forever. I think I took the longest shower ever and finally got out. He just so happened to come up right after I got out and got all disappointed that I wouldn't get back in. So, I moved him into the bedroom to the bed.

Now, I am not going to get into a lot of detail because you don't need it, but let me remind you that my roommate hasn't moved in, we were alone, and our door was open. We had no care in the world, no worries. It was just him and I doing what we wanted to do. My cell phone was downstairs and went off a couple times, but I didn't care. Whoever it was could wait, I was busy. I happened to hear the movie we just finished watching start playing again and a couple minutes later, I heard something that didn't sound like the movie, but thought nothing of it. Then, it became very clear that we were not alone anymore and there was someone upstairs...just feet away from the bedroom where we were indecently exposed.

I seriously died. I told her to hang on, that I had just gotten out of the shower and had to get dressed. I was really trying to cover it up. I got dressed and went to talk to her and Eli got in the shower. I believe I was still way red when I walked out of my room. She was no where to be seen upstairs and I didn't hear her downstairs. I looked out the window and saw her car, so downstairs I went. Not only was she there, but her mother was as well. Yep, her mom, who I had never met before!!!!!! I almost passed out. I don't know how I pulled off any sort of conversation. I was just hoping the floor would open up and swallow me whole, but I made it through.

I text my roommate later that day apologizing and she was totally ok with it. She thought it was funny and I guess her mom was making comments like, 'that is what weekends are for', 'we should leave and let them get back to what they were doing', etc. Yeah, I am mortified!!!! I let her know that when she moved in, I would be sure to shut the door!

3 comments:

Dyan said...

Oh my.... that is embarressing, but OH so much fun... good for u guys, and even better that they were totally ok with it.... you guys are too cute!!!

angie said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Sarah Lynn said...

OMG! That is so embarrassing! Haha!