Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I sort of have permission to do this

Hi. It's Misguided Mommy. A few weeks ago Stephanie made me an author on her blog with admin privileges and all so I could edit her page. I didn't think much of it until she stopped by my house tonight. Here is the conversation we had.

Me: So, uh have you finished that book I lent you yet (seriously I gave it to her MONTHS ago)
Her: I'm almost halfway done
Me: Um. Halfway?
Her: Well I don't get a lot of time to read.
Me: Yeah but it's been forever
Her: Yeah but I don't like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom so it takes me a long time to read.
Me: ????????? Um, what now?
Her: Well I only read when I go to the bathroom
Me: !!!!!
Her: What I don't have a lot of time, so I read while I go to the bathroom. And even if I just go pee I make sure to read at least one page.
Me: Uhhhhh. You read on the toilet.

My mind has now completely fried, and I am having a full electrical break down at this news.

Only then. Just when I can't melt down any more, I realize this whole thing means MY book is sitting on the back of SOMEONE ELSE'S toilet. And suddenly I don't ever want that book back!

So now you all know. Steph reads while she pees. What a funny little quirk eh? Do you have any funny little habits, or methods of saving time. Because obviously peeing and turning the page at the same time is a super time saver. Just make sure you don't turn the page with your wiping hand, no one wants drops of pee on their pages eh!

2 comments:

Dyan said...

HA - that is GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of people read in the bathroom. It's relaxing! Try it!