Friday, June 20, 2008

Farmer's Market

Last night we took the kids down to Farmer's Market. The first one of the season was last week, but we didn't make it. Before I got together with Eli, Farmer's Market has always been just a place to go with friends, hang out, and drink. I have never been down there to eat the food, buy the produce, or check out the crafts. It has always been a social scene for me. And that is a scene I no longer enjoy, which is why I didn't go down there last week.

Last night, we went down and bought some fruits and veggies. We walked around with another couple and just hung out. It wasn't a night for getting wasted or trying to be seen or anything like that. It was just a night out of the house, a night with some friends. It was nice being down there and not having to drink and even nicer not having a sip of alcohol. Seth got a sword balloon and Swae a flower. Of course they didn't last too long because they were "sword fighting" each other and they popped. They ran around on a grass area for damn near an hour just laughing and having a great time. Ugh, I wish I had half their energy.

It is nights like that when I realize just how much my life has changed in the last year. I am no long the party girl. I no longer find myself downtown every weekend until wee hours of the morning drinking and dancing. In fact, I have a hard time remembering the last time I was out in the club. This isn't to say that I don't go out on occasion, but when the night does come that I am out in the old environment, I find that I no longer am able to stay out til 2am, 3am, or 4am. I find that am I ready to go home and go to bed usually before midnight. This is crazy to me because I loved so much being out and dancing and just tearing up the town. But now, I am more content being at home, cooking a nice dinner, snuggling on the couch and watching a movie. Or going for a bike ride or walk. I don't know. I just have really realized that there is so much more to life than being out partying. And it floors me to see people who have families and are in their 30's have that still be their lifestyle.

Wow, sorry I just went off there. Back to the original subject. Last night was fun, but I will be ok if we don't go down there any time soon.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

YES!!!!! Thank god, someone else is seeing this problem... SHIT!!!! Isn't it a sign of growing up? Id like to think so, congrats to us for thinking so grown-up like... I love it!!!!