Friday, June 20, 2008

I got Nothing

This year I put in for tags for the first time. All the men in my family are huge hunters. My boyfriend and his dad are huge hunters. Now, all the cousins are getting into it, the girls included. It is the funnest experience being out camping/hunting with our dad, uncles, grandpa, friends. It is just awesome and the wilderness we get to see is just amazing.

I have been on many deer hunts, my grandpa's sheep hunt, and a couple years ago I went on my dad's Elk hunt. I have done my hunter's safety and am very comfortable around and shooting a gun. I was a tom boy growing up, so it just kind of happened.

Last year, my sister put in for a deer tag and drew. Although her hunt was not successful, it was one of the most fun trips we have been on. She hiked her little ass off, but never got a good opportunity to pull the trigger. She was so disappointed, but she did everything great. This year, Eli and his dad were talking to me and we just all came to the conclusion that I should put in for my own tags. So we did, all together. I put in for deer, antelope, and elk. But I didn't get a tag for any of them. I am ok with that, but a little sad. I will definitely be putting in from here on out though.

No comments: