Monday, June 30, 2008

Paul's First Day

That sweet cousin of mine started up here with me today. I got a text message from his yesterday saying, "When are you picking me up?" I had to laugh. The boy works ten hour days and get to enjoy a three day weekend. I on the other hand, not so much. Therefore, me picking him up for work gets me to work an hour early and thus making me leave an hour later. I called him laughing and joke with him about it and then told him to meet me at Starbucks at 5:30am by my house. I was nuts clearly (high from the weekend!!!). But I wanted to make sure he knew where he was going and was there on time for his first day. Plus, I know deep down, even though he won't admit it, that he was nervous.

The alarm clock going off this morning wasn't a treat at all. In fact, I wasn't too happy at all. But, I love my cousin, so I got up and got ready. I was slow moving, but made it to Starbucks in time to even get in and get me some yummy deliciousness. That is when I got a call asking where I was. Duh at Starbucks. He was at the WRONG one. With so many of them in town, it's no wonder one could get confused on which one to meet at. He found me and I got him up to work on time.

I was thinking about him all morning, so sent him a text asking how his day was going. No joke, I get this text back word for word: "Good I like this job!" I let out a big sigh of relief. I knew he would like it, but it was just nice to hear him say it. They came down to the office a little bit ago and he was cuter than cute. He isn't like one of those guys that can't be affectionate in front of friends or other males. He walked up to me and gave me a hug hug and even told me he loved me! He really is such a great kid. I'm so happy he is going to be around so much!!!!!

No comments: