Thursday, February 1, 2007

New Additions

So yesterday I was home because I got some shots and they totally made me sick. My roommate has been dying to get a dog and has been begging me to try and figure out how we could since we aren't supposed to have pets. I told her that if there were any way that we could, we would already have one because my baby is at my parents and I want more than anything for him to be back living with me. I of course told her that she should be patient cause we should be moving into a house soon...hopefully. Then she came up with another idea of getting a cat. I thought long and hard about this all the while keeping in mind that we aren't supposed to have animal. This is how my thought process was:

*Do we really need an animal?
*I guess a cat wouldn't be hard. They take care of themselves for the most part and aren't that needy.
*It would be quieter than having a dog.
*The neighbors would never know because we wouldn't be taking them outside.
*A cat would be cute.
*Should I really be spending the money?
*Where would we put a litter box?
*A cat would be super cute to have around.
*Ok, let's go check them out.

Since I was home yesterday and not feeling good, we went to the Humane Society. Randi swore it would make me feel better to be around cute animals. Sure enough we get there and we didn't just like one cat, we liked two. Even though one would have been sufficient, we came up with tons of reasons why we would need to. Here they are:

1) We each needed one to sleep with.
2) They were used to living in a cat colony and would be lonely if there were just one and one of us wasn't home.
3) With two, we wouldn't have to sleep together (us with a cat).
4) It just sounded fun.

That's right. After being there five minutes, our minds were made that we were getting two cats instead of one. We went back and forth in between rooms making sure we had picked the right two (Smokey and Bandit) and then went and filled out the paperwork. Damn, it takes a long time. The longer we were there, the more I started feeling like shit. So we get our cats and then had to make the stop to get the supplies. We did so well. They got cute matching collars in different colors of course, litter box with matching rug, matching food and water bowls, fun little toys (balls and mice), and wet and dry food. We got them home and set up everything and then watched the cute little things get adjusted to their new home. Both are little cuddle bugs and so flippin cute.

So there the new additions to the house.

Oh and on another note, the roommate is making a huge turn around. I don't know what has happened, but I am quite excited about it. She actually cleaned out the refrigerator, is buying groceries, apologizing if she thinks she is loud. It is awesome. It was fun just hanging out with her yesterday. Things are going great finally!

3 comments:

Chris Walker said...

I didn't know you write a blog. Interesting.

misguidedmommy said...

Tee hee. Just wait until you learn kitties can climb walls. Other things kitties do.

*Drink out of cups with anything left in them, located anywhere. IE My cat loves to drink Koolaid left on the coffee table, water left on the kitchen table, and water left in pans in the sink.
*Lick, pat and scratch your eyelids when you do not wake up immediately on demand the very second they want love and attention.
*Get locked in closets
*get locked in cabinets
*get locked in bedrooms, washers, dryers, and so on
*bite your ankles if you dont rush to their attention
*melt your hearts
*listen with out judging
*love unconditionally


okay enough of the sappy sappy blah blah. I'm excited about joni and chachi (names way better then smokey and the bandit, but they are your so...)

Jen said...

Yay!! I love kitties... I have two myself: Kitty Kitty Princess and Doodle...

You are going to have to post pictures of them!