Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time for Surgery

I went back to the eye doctor yesterday. He did many more tests on me, but before he did he said, "I am going to try to find a reason for you not to have lasik done." Really? That is not why I am here. I am here because that is what I want and I want it like NOW! Yes, I am very impatient. So we went through all the tests and whatnot and sure enough, he couldn't find one reason for me not to. That made me super happy. At that point, I was ready to throw on my glasses and start prepping for the surgery. Imagine how disappointed I was to find that I can't do it before I go to Cabo! The reason being, I would only have it done a couple weeks before I left and he recommends not leaving the country for at least a month. That just doesn't work for me. So what I did was schedule it for when I got back. The day after I get back I will start wearing my glasses and on May 23, I will have the procedure done. I am absolutely elated! I am so excited for the thought of knowing I will be able to see without the aid of my contacts or glasses. I can't wait to know what it is like to see the alarm clock when I wake up in the morning or just have normal eyes. I just don't know what that is like. I am not happy about how much it is going to cost, but I think that the reward will be so worth it. I can't wait!

No comments: