Monday, February 26, 2007

What a short, eventful weekend.

Saturday morning comes and I amazingly woke up in a good mood. I was early to work, full of smiles and just pleasant. Work kinda of sucked though. I don't know what it is about a Saturday, but our restaurant is just not busy at all. My normal day is Sunday, and we are always slammed. Still, I didn't let this get me down. I just did my time and started stressing about leaving for California because I heard there was a winter storm warning and we had a five hour drive ahead of us.

I got off work and was rushing home, not paying attention to anything except packing and getting on the road, when I notice a cop. I instantly look down to see how fast I am going since I tend to really speed down Mt. Rose on a normal day without being in a rush, and sure enough my speedometer says I am doing 70mph. Fucking great. I didn't even wait for him to flip around. I just put on my blinker and pulled over. I felt like a pro at getting pulled over and yet, it has only happened once and that was when I was 18 on my way back from California. I wasn't stressing so much that I got pulled over for speeding, I was stressing over just drinking a glass of wine. So before he even gets out of his car to come talk to me, I have my insurance and license out. Oh best part, I didn't have my updated registration in the truck. Sweet. I was shaking so bad when he came the window, I could barely hand him my stuff. Not to mention, he was a complete dick. He walked up to my window and goes, "In case you were wondering, I pulled you over for doing 70 in a 55." Really? Don't you think I pulled over before your lights came on because I figured that out!?! Fucking moron. He was just an ass. So I had him my info and he goes, I need your registration. I looked at him and said, "My mom has it because she was doing my taxes. And the reason I am in a hurry is because I am trying to get out of town before the storm." The son of a bitch just tells me to sit there and walks to his car. At this point, I am not even mad about getting pulled over. I knew it would happen at some point because I speed all the damn time. Not to mention I was happy that it was then and not a time when I left work with a good buzz. I know it is standard to turn down your radio, but I turned mine up and was singing when he came back to my window. He starts explaining to me about the ticket that he was giving me and how he "generously" only put me down for 60 and my fine is $110 and if I was to go to court it is such and such date. While his is babbling I stop listening, sign the ticket, had his clipboard back to him and as soon as he gives me my copy, I start rolling up my window as he is still trying to talk to me. Yep, he was a dick and felt the need to be a bitch, so I was.

I always thought that when I got pulled over I would cry and really try to explain myself and be all emotional. I wasn't. It was the weirdest thing. It was like, "oh well, shit happens," and I continued on with what I had going on. The only thing that bothered me about the entire experience was what a pompous shit-stick he was. Seriously, you don't need to be a dick just because you are wearing a uniform and have a belt on your hip. Sorry dude, you really aren't that cool.

I get home, pack real quick, try blogging about my experience and the damn thing got erased. Fucking lovely. I was going to try to do it again, but decided against it and just waited for my ride. The drive to California was a little slow go and full of either snow or rain. Lucky me though for not having to drive and instead getting to watch movies and sleep. Always the better way to have to travel if you ask me. We got to Santa Cruz around midnight and then had to wake up and be at breakfast by 7am. I love that tournaments start so damn early. You would think sleep wasn't important. Our girls didn't look very good either. It was frustrating to know we traveled so far for them to not play to their potential. Whatever though. It was still a decent time and we made it home late last night even with the shitty roads and I-80 being closed before we got to it.


So there is my eventful weekend. It is really impressive how much can happen in just a day or two if you ask me. At least I made it back though and I was at work on time since I am still trying to get a new job and need both my supervisor's references.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I seriously HATE dick cops. They are so bad in Reno especially (Probably why they have a national T.V. show dedicated to them...

They really aren't that bad in Portland. I have never had a run-in with them at all!