Tuesday, January 30, 2007

House Hunting

Last Saturday I went house hunting. That's right, I am currently on a mission to find the perfect house for me to buy. I am super excited, but I am nervous at the same time. I don't want to make the wrong move and don't want to settle on something and then not like it after I do it. Most of all, I am just stoked that I am going to be buying something. It is something that I have been wanting to do for so long and am finally in a position that I am able to move forward. Such a great feeling!

So we went around and looked at a lot of new homes that are being built in Double Diamond and Curti Ranch and let me tell you there is so many to chose from. It is hard to keep them all straight. And the prices...they are good, but still so expensive. There is a new development going in called Brittany Meadows. They are priced really low, but there is only one floor plan that I like. So that is definitely a good option. The other ones I really liked were the Lennar homes in Curti Ranch. Super, super cute homes!!!!!!!!!!! They are good priced too right now, but the next phase they are going up. The good things with these homes are that there are some upgrades (like granite counter tops) included. I still have a ton of homework to do on these before any decision is made, but I am glad I am actually getting a chance to look and start the process.

This coming weekend I am going to go and look at homes that are a couple years old. Shannon is awesome and looked up homes and there are some really cute ones. I am really excited to go and look at them. They already have yards and from the pictures look like they have really been taken care of. I just can't wait to actually see them in person.

The whole thing is overwhelming. Not to mention, I don't like being patient. So when I see something that I like, I want it now. There is no waiting or being rational and realistic. Good thing my mom is there to keep me straight! I can't wait to have something like that, that is mine. It is going to be such an awesome feeling. I want it now, but I know that time is everything and I just need to make sure I find something that is perfect for me. So happy hunting to me! =)

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

Phew! Good thing to know I'm not the only one in the world with the I WANT IT NOW disease