Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oh, Happy V-Day to Me!!

I decided that today, since I don't have a Valentine, I was going to do something nice for myself. Actually, that is a lie. I am just using that as an excuse for the amount of money I just spent on myself today.

This morning one of my supervisor's came in and told me that she heard on the radio that Rascal Flatts was coming to town again and would be in Tahoe in August. I seriously about died. I wanted to go so bad this year and wasn't able to because the damn tickets sold out so freaking fast. So I searched and searched and finally found the tickets and was looking at prices. They range anywhere from $65.75 to$147. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I just needed to do it and if I was going to do it, I wanted to go big. I started having anxiety I was so excited and yet nervous to spend "too" much money. So I called Kara's fiance to see if he would be willing to go and he was all about it. He told me to ahead and get the tickets and he would surprise Kara with it tonight. And he wanted to go big too. Not just with tickets. We are talking hotel room and all sorts of fun. So as I am on the phone with him I say I want 5 tickets (because most likely Tara and Wes would be coming with us), and start the process. I was seriously about at the point of hyperventilating, Paul was laughing at me and told me it was cool. With his help, I made it final and we are set. We are officially going to Rascal Flatts on Aug. 3. The tickets were expensive, but who gives a shit. I never spend money on stuff like this and we are in the 8th row!!! That is so awesome!!!!!

Now for the side note: I called Tara after the process was complete and I got the confirmation and let her know that Paul and I had just purchased the tickets. She was like, "Well, I just talked to Wes and he needs to get back to me."

I said, "That's fine, but I still have the tickets, so let me know. And just so you know, we got the expensive ones because we wanted good seats...like 8th row seats!!!"

(At this point I thought she was going to be just as excited as both Paul and I...man was I wrong.)

Her response: "Really? Well Wes and I wanted the cheap seats."

Me: "That's cool. You can get online and order them. Just go to Harrah's site and it will direct you from there."

Her: "Well, if we did that, we wouldn't all be sitting together then right?"

**HHHHHMMMMM, common sense would say no since the more you pay, the better the seats are!

Me: "No. Just let me know what you want to do. I am sure I can find two people that would jump at seats like we have."

So she was a little poopy pants downer, but you know what? I didn't let it ruin my mood. I am still so ecstatic about it. And if they don't take the tickets, who cares. I can sell them or find two others that would want to go. No skin off my nose. It won't change me having the greatest time!

Oh and just as I was writing this I thought to myself...if they do take the tickets, then all the seats are filled. That is great, but what happens if I actually have a boyfriend by then. Maybe we should have bought 6 just in case. Oh well!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!!

GOOD GIRL!!

Oh: and Nope! Not on the pill at the moment for other health-related reasons.

But I AMMM careful so I shouldn't have to worry... SHOULDN'T BEING KEY HERE!?!

angie said...

A friend I teach with is going to that concert and she was as excited as you were. I thought about going and getting tickets with her but it's so far out I can't plan that far ahead haha! I know you will have a great time though and 8th row!! That's awesome

misguidedmommy said...

Your friend sounds like a brat. She sounds like she was just trying to bring you down. That is annoying. You really need to take a good hard look at all the friends in your life and see which ones are really there for you and which ones you are just clinging to.

Stephanie said...

Oh she was definitely being a brat. She is like the "mother" figure of our group and likes to have all the control and then gets pissed if someone else has it. Not that I feel like I am in control or anything. I just thought it would be something so fun for all of us to do. Whatever. If she goes, great. If not, her loss. If she goes and doesn't sit with us, sucks for her cause she will be super jealous at how close we are to the stage!!!