Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Last Saturday...

I was at work at 8:30am. I am used to working Sunday's and let me just tell you that Saturday's don't compare at all. I was bored out of my mind. I did maybe a third of the sales that I normally do on a Sunday. The girl that switched shifts with me I bet is loving me so much right now. I however, was cursing her AND myself since I was the one that wanted Sunday off because I figured I would be hungover. Stupid move on my part. So by the end of my shitty shift I started not feeling so well. It almost felt like I was getting the flu or something. I got off work, rushed to Kara's house and passed out on her bed while she finished packing and getting ready for the BIG night we had planned. That's right, we were going out huge for our friends 30th birthday.

After about an hour, I wake up in the fetal position freezing because she had turned the heat off in the house since we would be staying at a hotel that night. I walk out in the living room and she was curled on the couch just waiting for me to get up. So we finished loading the car and we on our way to the Peppermill where we would be staying, but had to stop and buy alcohol first. We are roaming around the store when we think, "Why the hell are we buying alcohol for the room when we won't even be there an hour before we have to leave for dinner and aren't planning on coming back to the room before we go to 210?" Of course we express ourselves to everyone else and decided we should come back to the room after we go to dinner to drink so we weren't spending so much on alcohol at the club. We are clever. After our stop and valeting our car and getting up to the room, we seriously only had a half an hour to get ready. Some how we manage to pull it off and our downstairs just in time for the limo to be there to pick us up. Yes, we took a stretch limo (I think Expedition) to BJ's where we had some yummy pizza. We had some drinks there and then sang the loudest HAPPY BIRTHDAY I think I have ever heard in my life. The entire restaurant was staring. We took the limo back to the hotel where everyone started taking numerous shots, smoking a little green stuff, and making stiff drinks. It was so fun to have everyone together and having so much fun. I still felt a little poopy though, so I stayed away from the shots and just stuck the mixed drinks. I was also being very conscious and drinking a ton of water. The bad thing with keeping hydrated though is how often you have to go to the bathroom. We had enough drinking at the hotel and were on our way to 210 finally.

Out of the limo and into the club we go. Straight into our own little couched VIP section. We got two bottles of liquor along with mixers and had our own cocktail waitress. It was so much fun. Maybe I enjoyed it more because I wasn't hammered and got to see everything that was going on and can remember everything that went on. There were tons of pictures being taken, a lot of drunk people all over. In fact, the birthday boy doesn't even remember making out with one of the girls in a picture. She was hammered. I was making fun of her. It was great. I wouldn't be surprised if she threw up on herself at some point in the night. I saw a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in a long time along with some people I wish I never had to see any more. All in all, we spend the night dancing and drinking away. We went to leave about 3 and realized we weren't done dancing, so we went back in and danced some more. Then it was back to the hotel where I thought I would get to pass out.

NO SUCH LUCK!!!!

We get there, go up to the rooms and no one is there. Come to find out, rather than going to bed like all the drunk ones really should have done, they went to the bar instead and continued drinking!!! What I didn't understand is why they were paying to drink when there was alcohol in the rooms. Whatever though. When you are drunk, you don't think clearly. At about 4am, I had had enough and went up to the room, got ready for bed and crawled in. Not too much longer after I went up did Paul and Kara come in and were set to go to bed. But the phone started ringing and all of the sudden, everyone was in our room taking shots at 4:30am! It was so odd. I didn't even get out of bed. I laid in bed, listened to ruckus and passed out as soon as they left the room.

Lucky me, I wasn't hung over. I consumed a lot of water and made sure to eat good food. I do know a lot of people though that were hungover. Therefore the bloody mary's were flowing on Sunday!

It was nice going out, but I realize that I am quite content working my Saturday night and Sunday day shifts. I don't spend a lot of money and I don't have to worry about hang overs. I just am done with the whole party scene. I got my fix quick and won't be going out again until Shannon is ready for her night out.

1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG!! Your weekend sounds a LOT like mine!! Geeze, I can't hang with the heavy drinkers anymore! I love my glass or three of wine, but to just drink, drink, drink my way through a couple of days is just insane! You are LUCKY you weren't hunover. Water and food are key... Whoever said you don't learn anything from partying when you're young? You learn how much it SUCKS when you're older...