Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Letting go

I can't remember if it was last night or even this morning that I had a break through. That's right. I realized that M.L. really is just not a big thing anymore. After our dinner two weeks ago, I have thought about him less and less and have actually gone days at a time without thinking about him. That is what crossed my mind finally. To me, that just goes to show that I just needed the whole dinner and talk thing so that I could finally move on and have some closure. It is such a great feeling. For once, I realize I don't want to be with him...no bullshit. Before when I would say that, I would say it because I knew that is what people wanted to hear AND I was trying to convince myself that is how it was because I knew it was for the better. Now I really do feel that way.

What an amazing feeling not to be hanging on anymore.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

i have a song for you, you might remember it, try downloading it, by sozzi called letting go from dawsons creek...its good. if you cant find it i'll burn it for you, it can be your new theme song

Jen said...

Yay!! It's always such a relief when you get OVER the hump in getting over men/friendships/relationships.

You're a strong woman. You go girl!