Thursday, February 8, 2007

I am a Dumbass!

I am still laughing at myself. Ok, so last night I am getting ready to leave work. It is 4:57 and I have shut down my computer, made sure everything was picked up, locked all my drawers and reached into my purse to get my truck keys. Yep you guessed it, they weren't there. I didn't stress because this happens all the time. So I unlocked my desk and started looking around for them, they weren't anywhere. At this point, I start to panic a little. I call my mom telling her not to leave without me (we work in the same building) and go to the parking garage to see if just maybe I was an idiot and left them on my seat. I walk up to my truck, try peering in the window couldn't see shit. That's right. My damn windows are so dark, I couldn't even see my seat. It didn't matter what angle I was looking it, which window (including the front), I couldn't see anything. So now I am stressed. My mom comes over and she tries looking in thinking that I was just being dumb and realized, I wasn't lying, you really can't see in and then have her take me to Paul and Kara's house because we all were going out to dinner.

As we are driving I am stressing. Do I call someone to open my truck, do I wait til tomorrow (being today), what if someone breaks in, where the fuck are my keys? To add to it, my mom and a co-worker were like, "If I were you, I wouldn't leave your truck over night in the parking garage. Someone will probably break into it." So then I start thinking how convenient it would be for someone to break into my truck and magically have my keys sitting right there for them. It was quickly decided I needed to get them. At Paul and Kara's we came up with a plan: go to dinner and drink a glass of wine to calm me down, then Kara would call AAA and we would get in my truck. I calm down and only half way worry that my keys may not be in there. Half way through dinner I get a call from my dad saying that he has a spare key. I was beside myself but kinda thought to myself that I don't ever remember making him a key. Whatever though. So after dinner Kara and I got to my parents, I grab the key, we drive to the parking garage, I put the key in...it doesn't work. Then it hits me. That key was to my Neon that I had a few years ago. Fucking great. At this point it is 9:00pm and I am dragging ass tired and all I want to do is go to bed. So Kara calls AAA and we wait another half hour for them to get there.

AAA guy shows up, shines his flash light in my truck and I ask, "Do you see my keys on the seat?" Him: "nope." Me: "Well then, this might be a waste of your time," and I panic. He still gets in my truck. It seriously took him like 30 seconds. He opens the door, I go over there and look in and no joke, no keys. No keys on my floor, on the seat, in the cup holder, anywhere in sight. I was having some serious anxiety and start tearing my truck apart. I started looking through a pair of clothes I brought to change into for dinner last night and then I see...something shiny. That's right. I found my fucking keys down by the running board of the passenger side of the truck. How the hell do they get over there!?!?

And that was my dumbass experience. It was stressful, but at least I am able to laugh about it now and I found my keys. Now, I will be looking into getting my alarm put back on my truck so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

you fucking crack me up kiddo, that is awesome. he he so hilarious.

Jen said...

AGH! I just wrote a really long comment that got ERASED somehow!!!!??

ANYWAYS!! OMG! THAT IS SOOO SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME!

I locked myself out of my last apartment SO! MANY! TIMES! That I literally had the locksmith on speed dial- I shit you not. I EVEN locked myself out of my house when I was taking the trash out IN MY UNDERWEAR!! Yeah, that was very embarrassing, and not to mention COLD.

I have also locked myself out of my car SO MANY TIMES that now: I have a key, Erick has a key, there is a spare key in the kitchen, and I think my sister has a key also.

Yep. You could say that I am a little key-challenged.