Monday, February 5, 2007

Superbowl

For the first time in I can't tell you how long, I actually had plans for the Superbowl. All through high school I missed it because I played volleyball and the stupid asses always scheduled tournaments on that weekend. Then I started coaching and again, was gone on tournaments. Now, while I am still coaching, I didn't go to the tournament this weekend because I had to work and actually got to make plans. So fun! Shannon told me to come to her house because she makes yummy food and has people over and whatnot, so I was all geared up.

I got off work yesterday, drove straight to her house (changing my shirt WHILE driving) and made it there a little bit before half time. I showed up to a house full of people, more food than I ever imagined she would have, and people already trashed. So funny walking into a house of drunks when you are the sober one and didn't see them actually get to that point. The funniest part about it, Shannon was sitting there forcing people to take shots. Doesn't sound funny until you realize she is sober and is forcing people to drink because she can't/doesn't want to and find pleasure at getting people trashed. She even chanted and got super excited when she thought a shot actually sent one of the guys over the edge to puking. Literally, she was jumping up and down excited. I didn't get drunk, but I did learn some new drinking games! I can't wait to implement them again and teach new people. Who knew that an ice tray really isn't made for ice?! I didn't til last night.

While the party was tons of fun, poor little Brandon got sick. I have to give more credit to Shannon because not only was she hosting a great party, she was taking care of a sick baby, and handled it all like a pro. Very impressed. She is such a wonderful mother. Brandon is so lucky. I have no doubt that she could easily have another kid and handle it all well. Thank you Shannon for inviting me! I had tons of fun.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

Awww man. You make me sound like a super alcohol contributor. Wait I am. I was having a blast getting everyone drunk and watching ya'll act like dork heads. It was specially fun when you sat there ganging up on the guys with the moose!! He he