Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh the CRAZINESS!

Oh my goodness. Work is completely stressing me out. I don't mind having work to do or anything like that, but when everything is a freaking emergency and everything has to be done like ten minutes ago, then I just want to shut down and say screw it. Let me fill you in on what happened because it started yesterday afternoon.

One of our supervisors new he would be going to Elko for the rest of the week, so he made sure to be running around, giving people work, saying what he needed done for him before he left. Oh and ripping my ass for being on my personal email. Finally at one point I looked at him and said, "I don't know why you are riding my ass about being on my email. My work gets done every day without a problem, you never have to wait for anything when you give me something to do, and it really isn't that big of a deal." He didn't have much to say to that except, "It's state policy." Whatever. So then I start stressing thinking that I might get fired for being on my email. Then I laughed and shrugged it off and went to lunch. When I came back my co-worker was like, "OMG!" and goes into a story about some stuff that was going on in the office while I was gone. It is amazing how much shit can happen in an hours time. It just so happens that one of my other co-workers "resigned". I was so shocked and just didn't really know how to feel. After she was out of the building, there was complete chaos. We had 4 higher ups running around, giving orders. All of them needing something different and all of them needing it done at one time. So not only did I have the stress of them, but then I had the disappointment of a friend being gone and just a weird feeling in general about the situation. The aura of the office just sucked in general. I did run around and I did complete everything and knew that coming to work today would be filled with more of the same.

Today has been crazy. I have been having to go through my friends desk...holy shit, what a chore. I have never seen more random paperwork, misc. stuff shoved places. It was just a complete unorganized mess. It took me all day just to get through it and then another half hour to shred crap. All the while I have two supervisors demanding things from me to the point that they weren't going to have me take a lunch. It has been crazy.

So needless to say, I am worn out. I haven't been tired at all during the day this week until today. Maybe it has to do with being up a little later last night since I had to work, but I really think that majority of it has to do with just the stress and craziness of my job. All I want at this point it to go put on my pj's and curl up on the couch. Instead, I get to go to an eye doctor appointment and then go to my other job. I am SSSOOOOOOOOOO thankful tomorrow is Friday.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

i cant wait till you get a better paying job so you can quit one of your jobs and get some fucking rest. in the meantime, take a vic and take a nap

Stephanie said...

Honestly, I am doing ok and not letting my job get me down. Granted, yes, I need a better paying job. I am working on that. It was just super stressful and I feel like I am just constantly on the go there and usually it isn't like that.

I don't think I would quit any of my other jobs either even if I did get a better paying job. I may cut back on how much I work there though. I love serving.

I will however tak a vic because I am hurting tonight and get some sleep. I have to be perky for my interview tomorrow!!!

Jen said...

I totally know what you mean by craziness! I got a raise this week, but now I have somehow signed up for like: DOUBLE THE WORK!! So I have been working today (MY DAY OFF!) from my laptop, even tho I am in Eugene visting Mae. Boo.