Friday, February 9, 2007

Cycling Class

Soooo, last night I tried a cycling class for the first time. Oh and please, let's keep in mind that this is the first time that I have been in the gym since before Christmas and I am definitely out of shape. As Kara and I are waiting to go into the class, we are both sitting there stressing about how hard it is going to and contemplating our decision to go in. Both agreed that if we were alone, we would NOT be taking the class. But you have more motivation with someone else, so we go in. I was impressed with the diversity in people. There were older people, younger, male and female. There were a lot of people in the class that I never would have imagined taking the class before. I know, that is stereotypical on my part, but I can't help it.

We started off totally easy and I thought to myself, I can totally last 45 minutes. HA! Within 15 minutes I was dying and couldn't believe I still had a half an hour left. It was crazy. I think the worst was when you were acting like you were going uphill and there was a fast song on because you are trying to pedal to the beat of the music without even thinking...it just comes natural. Trust me, I really tried to do it different and it didn't work. I seriously thought my damn legs were going to fall off and I kept looking at Kara like she was out of her mind for even suggesting we take the class. Even though it was torturous, I made it through and so did she. Thank goodness her and I were together!!!

My plan is to do it once a week. Yep, that's right, I am starting to get back in the swing of things and I know I could do it. I really thought that cycling only worked your legs, but it works your ass and abs too. Great cardio and it is more fun than running on a treadmill.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

is this the same as spinning?