Friday, February 16, 2007

Curly: AKA "Super Dick"

Up until I started my serving job, I had never worked with any guys remotely near my age or any that I would ever consider dating. At UNR, I literally worked with 200 men that were all pretty old and just dirty. Plus I was young and in college and always had a boyfriend, so there was never an option. When I started my serving job, that was the first time I had ever worked with guys that were around my age, fun to be around, and I flirt with constantly. Well, there is one that I was attracted to, but of course, he is off the market. But there are two other ones. They are both cute and fun to joke around with and make working there fun. In fact, they both found me out one night at 210 and we danced like crazy people until like 3am. Because we have all gotten along so well and flirting is just fun, working has been awesome. Not only do I love serving, but the people make it great. That was until recently.

One of the two, we'll call him Curly (due to the fact that he really does have curly hair), has lately been making my life miserable up there. I haven't truly enjoyed my last three shifts thanks to him. Some background... Since I started there, I always would sit with Curly after work and we would drink and talk and have fun. Yes, tons of flirting. But that is me. I made sure to explain to him my situation and be sure to say that I am not in a position where I want to date and I even expressed it would be weird to date someone I worked with. Well, there were a couple of nights that him and I would go through a couple bottles of wine and then we would kiss and both be on our way to our own home. Never other than that one time at 210 have him and I hung out outside of work. Not to mention, I think we kissed a handful of times. Even with all this, we still maintained a fun working relationship and I still flirted it up with all the other guys at work.

Well, something has changed. I am not sure what the hell it is, but for the past two weeks, Curly has turned into SUPER DICK. When I ask him questions, he won't answer me. He treats me like shit and is just annoying. I don't know where the switch happened, but it is getting really old and quick. At first I was thinking maybe his feelings were hurt or something because nothing happened between us, but then I found out he is dating another girl. So really how upset could you be? You have moved on and should be happy. So why treat me like shit? Especially when I haven't changed anything. Ok, that's not true. I did change how I treat him and act, but that was only after he turned into SUPER DICK. I am not going to keep being nice and flirting it up if you are an ass. Sorry, I don't work like that. I don't need it.

I guess the whole situation has become very apparent to the rest of the people that we work with because I was in my boss's office yesterday and he told me that whatever is going on needs to be resolved because it makes it uncomfortable for other people. I looked at him and said, how do you think I feel? And then told him I would handle it. Well, SUPER DICK and I have a mutual friend and she tried playing mediator last night. Really, all it did was piss me off. I am a big girl and don't need someone trying to settle things for me. SUPER DICK proceeded to say that he isn't mad at me at all. REALLY!?! Then why the fuck are you treating me like shit? So we kind of go back and forth and all he has to say is that I have an attitude and that one week when we were talking, mostly everything I talked about was negative. Hhhhhmmmmm, if there were serious issues going on with your best friend, wouldn't you be a little negative too? I looked at him, laughed, and walked away. I feel like the whole damn thing is childish and petty. I am not going to sit there and try to have a conversation with you at work, while everyone is there to be witness, and I have a table sitting there waiting for me to greet them. Sorry, I don't work like that. The rest of the night was spent with us pretty much avoiding each other and a little small talk here and there. I did call him though after work and asked him to call me so we could talk about things. I didn't hear from him though. At least I made an effort.

I wonder if he'll call and how things will turn out. All I know is, I need things to be different because I want to be happy at work and not have something negative near me. Just not sure how to help the situation at this point. Sometimes guys can be so childish.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

That is weird. Its even weirder I didn't know about him or the kisses. Maybe he is just frustrated because he knows it wont go any further, and he probably wanted you to be more jealous that he had someone and you weren't so his precious little man ego is probably hurt. Tell him to...
"CRY ME A RIVER, CRY ME A RIVER"