Monday, October 13, 2008

We Got a..."BOO"

After all the running around and leaving goodies for other people, Swae was beyond curious about when she would be getting something...which of course led to Seth wanting a surprise too. I don't know what made me look, but first thing on Saturday morning, I opened up the front door to see that we had a nice little surprise! I closed the door back and up and then let the kids go and grab the package. When I told them to go look and see what was there, Swae piped up, "Did someone leave us some goodies too!?!?!!!"

The door was opened and their little squeals were too cute. They couldn't wait to open it up to see what was inside.

A whole slew of candy. They loved the chewy kind of candy. They were body parts (feet, ears, etc). And at 8:45am, they wanted to dive right in. While I didn't want to disappoint them, I told them they at least needed to eat breakfast first!
I told them we now had to do two more houses. All they could think about was that they would be getting more. I couldn't quite get them to understand that we started it and we have gotten one and that is all that we will get for this year.

Oh and how cute is our pumpkin bowl? It looks fabulous on my island. Eli and I picked out one to put out for Thanksgiving as well. It is a beautiful looking green leaf. I love it and can't wait to use it.

8 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwww! That's so great!

Rachel said...

AAAHHH that is so nice. Looks like a lot of good yummy stuff.

HM said...

I'm a lot older then the kids but that would still excite me! :)

Jodi said...

That is so nice. At least others are spreading the love too. That's what it is all about.

Coffee Slut said...

Mmmmm ....feet and ears! hahahaha
Candy sure has changed over the years!

Just Jiff said...

Yay!! I may try the boo thing in my neighborhood, too!

Unknown said...

Very good......

Mrs. F said...

How exciting! You guys worked hard to get that! So cooool!