Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Me = Big Baby!

Late Friday afternoon, Eli decided that he was going to go hunting. While I was invited to go (and wanted to go), I had to stay behind due to obligations I had on Saturday. After work, we spent a little time together and then went our separate ways.

I did well. I went shopping for some things. I had a couple gifts to get. Of course walking into Target I got totally wrapped up in this cute thing over here and oh look at that right there. I didn't spend an excessive amount and made sure that I didn't buy anything that wasn't of need. I did get Swae and Seth the cutest ornaments for Christmas as well as some Christmas cards. Yes, I know it's early, but I have to start now or else we couldn't afford it. Then I went over to Mervyn's to check out how their prices were since they are going out of business and to see if they had anything good left. I am not going to lie, I can totally see why they are going out of business! I had them price check a comforter that we got for Seth's bed at Target that was $30 and it was more expensive at Mervyn's AND it was on sale!!! At least 40% off at that.

Then it was home to a cold, empty house. Now, I have lived alone before and never had a problem with it. The only problems that I ever had in the past was being scared of the dark, but I managed to get around it. Before I had gone shopping, I made sure to leave some lights on throughout the house. I did well. I unpacked all my bags, got things organized and then sat down to enjoy a movie. Yes, I watched Sex In the City for the first time. And I LOVED it!! I am so happy I bought that one. Super freaking cute and will definitely be watching it again.

I decided to go upstairs after the movie and it was after 10pm. From then on, I started freaking myself out big time. I don't know if it is because I haven't been alone in that house since back in the spring. Not to mention, Friday night was super windy and rainy and there were so many sounds... It literally was freaking me the f*@k out. I couldn't fall asleep, I couldn't get comfortable, and nothing I did could get me to relax. I ended up having my sister come over at midnight to sleep with me! Yes, that is right. I had to have my little sister come stay with me so that I wouldn't be scared anymore.

Ugh, I have got to be the biggest baby ever!

5 comments:

HM said...

This post made me laugh for a couple reasons.

One. When I am staying home alone I will turn off the light and make a flying leap to my bed in fear of something waiting under it and then I get under the covers and pull them up to my neck! I don't care how hot it is, the covers are staying on!

Two. My cat freaks me out when I'm home alone. She's always acting like she's hearing things. And cats have good instincs you know.

Three. I'm the idiot who watches things like CSI or some Dateline show about a girl being taken from her home and living where Brianna Denneson got kidnapped from of course I'm scared!

Four. I went in Mervyns the other day as well expecting to get some kick ass deals and frankly I was completely dissapointed! I did find some potential bridesmaid dresses for $40 bucks but not enough of the right sizes. Personally, I like Kohls way better!

Wow I think I just wrote a book. :)

Hm

Rachel said...

That is totally fine. We all go through that stuff from time to time. Very cute that you called your little sis.

angie said...

Hahaha! My sister used to make me go stay with her when my brother in law would work graveyards or go hunting or something. She had the same issues you did and hated to stay alone. Unfortunately I think she passed it on to me because I'm a big baby when I'm home alone now too :)

HM said...

Ya I noticed you live in Reno too. Small blog world huh?

HM

GoteeMan said...

My sister is still very much afraid of staying alone, and especially of storms... all through growing up, she would duck into my room if there was a storm and wake me up...

Of course, living through a tornado didn't help matters... she was in the basement when a twister lifted the roof off the sucker...

It's cool that you have a sister to call, and that she was willing to come over... two are always better than one...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)