Friday, October 10, 2008

6 Months Ago...Today

I got the keys to my house. Eli and I spent the day waiting for the phone people to show up and install the internet. Then we spent that night with my parents and Tara unloading everything. It was a Thursday. I remember my mom telling me that I didn't HAVE to sleep there that night. Yea right. Keys in hand, first house, you bet your ass I was going to sleep there - even if on the floor!! We did bust our asses though and didn't have to sleep on the floor and got to enjoy the comfort of our own bed.

I can't believe that six months have passed. Not only that, I can't believe all the incredible things that have happened in my (and our) life over those last six months. I really need to take pictures of how the neighborhood has changed. There are so many new houses up. We are no longer the only street that has people living on it.

Last night, the kids and I delivered the "Boo's" to two of our neighbors. I noticed last night late that one of them had taken their goodies inside and this morning on my way to work, I noticed the "Boo" hanging on the door. YAY! You should have seen all four of us (yes, Eli participated as well), running down the street and then the kids sneaking up to the door to leave the goodies on the front porch. At the first house, Seth almost ran the door bell. His tiny finger was within and inch. YIKES! Then we ran to the second house and Swae was beyond excited to leave hers. Then we all ran like the wind back to our home, where it was toasty warm. I tried explaining to the kids that if our neighbors do it right, then we will get something fun on our door step at some point before Halloween. And just so they didn't feel left out, I was sure to get them their own little something. Seth got a cute little green and black spider and Swae an orange and black dog dressed as a witch.

Six months goes by so fast. It was just a year ago this month that Eli and I moved into our rental in Sparks (I think a year tomorrow). When I think back that far, I am amazed at all the changes that have taken place. We are in a completely different place and I couldn't be more happy and thankful. I am so lucky to have someone that I love and adore in my life and that feels the same in return. I am just bursting with all the love I have for him, Swae, Seth, and our unborn child. The next six months are sure to bring more happiness, memories, and great things. In six months, we will have a new baby to hold in our arms. I am so excited.

2 comments:

HM said...

How exciting to get your first home! I've worked in real estate for the past six years and it's pretty cool to help someone get a home. I can't wait to buy one...althought I absolutly LOVE my house and will miss it tons when I move. I have an awesome view of the valley and downtown. I think the Boo thing is SO cool! I could totally see the kids having a blast!

Megan said...

You are very blessed! Happy 6 months in your new home! :)