Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Tuesday Ramble

Lately, I have been sitting back and just taking everything in.

There is one girl in my life in particular that I have learned is the most sensitive person I have ever met. It seems that breathing incorrectly can send her into a tailspin! She is the sweetest girl, but has been very spoiled and sheltered. She is super mature in so many ways and yet immature in many others. While it used to get to me when her mood would be up one minute and then change drastically the next, I have learned that with her, you have to shrug it off because it won't take long for the mood to change yet again.

I am the type of person that likes to make sure everyone is alright and do what I can to get them to that state. Being with Eli has really taught me a lot - in many different ways. I realize that I don't have control over things and that I just need to sit back and let people do for themselves. This doesn't mean for a second that I am not going to be there for the people that I love and care about if and when they need me. It just means that I can't let other people's moods affect my life.

I tend to this a lot with my mother. God love her, but she really can get me worked up emotionally. This happened last week and I realized, NO MORE. And for the first time in 26 years, I stood up to her. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do because she is the one person I never want to disappoint, upset, let down, etc, but I did it. While it was hard, it was one of the greatest feelings as well. I think that she is so set in her ways and that she has been so used to doing what she does to me, that she never stopped to think about what it was actually doing to me not only emotionally, but mentally. And now that I am growing this precious child inside me, I can't take that in my life. At first she didn't like me standing up to her the way that I did, but it must have hit home. Because for the first time in 26 years, she called me to me work things out. That is something she NEVER does...with anyone. Since then, things have been great and I believe that her and I both learned from the experience.

There are also people that are impossible. No matter what you tell them, they are right. They will argue absolutely anything and everything just for the sake of having the last word. Either that or they are really so warped in their way of thinking, they think they are right. You know the type, the one that you can say, "The sky is blue," and they will say, "Actually it isn't really blue. It is this with a tinge of this," and go on and on. These seem to be the same people that seem to have some sort of turmoil going on in their life at any given moment. While I can't imagine living like that and being like that (nor do I understand it), I accept the way these people are and let it go.

I think that everyone being unique is very important so that we aren't stuck with the same ole person all the time. I am not by any means sitting here and saying that I am perfect or that my life is, but I do strive to be a better person each and every day. I learn for experiences and the curve balls life throws me. I am not for a second judging other people because who am I to judge? How on Earth do we judge anyone? It seems to happen so much and it really is such a shame. I wish there was more acceptance and happiness and that negativity was let go more often.

4 comments:

Katie Marie said...

I think your a good person. Your right, judging is a waste of time. I have a plethora of friends, I have room in my life for everyone that wants to be there.

HM said...

As much as people like the above drive me nuts, and they do, there's nothing I can do about it so I usually just shrug it off too and keep my distance. Once I started standing up for what I want/need to my parents, they slowly grew to respect me in a different manner and I have the best relationship with them now. Your mamma loves you and probably never even realized she was hurting you.

HM

Stefanie said...

I agree, judging sucks!

Just Jiff said...

Yes, I have similar people in my life. Well, let me correct myself...I HAD these people in my life. Since having Bayley, I have changed and I believe for the better. I stand up for myself and I want her to be proud of me when she's older. Sounds like you got an early start on it!! lol :)