Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quiet/Perfect Evening

So what I needed. And what I think the kiddos needed. After grabbing them from daycare, we came straight home. While Eli and Seth worked out in the garage, Swae and I did the rest of her homework and then were able to snuggle on the couch just her and I and watch a movie. I didn't get to lay with her as long as I wanted as I had dinner to make, but the half hour that was just the two of us couldn't have been more perfect. Ugh, my heart hurts it is so full of love for her and Seth.

Dinner was nice. I enjoy so much the four of us sitting at the table together, no TV, just us talking and sharing and being a family. I love how in the last year and a half the kids range of food has completely changed. They eat all sorts of vegetables, meat, and are pretty willing to try anything new. This is totally different than how it was back last May. They were picky as all get out. Growing up, I learned to eat what my mom cooked and that she wasn't going to make something special just for me. I started that in our home and it seems to be working just great. They both LOVE steak, asparagus, chicken, broccoli.

After, the four of us hung out on the couch. There wasn't too much time for that though due to bath time. I swear, there just isn't enough time in a night for everything! Oh well. We make the most of it and at the end, it leaves me feeling very satisfied, complete, and super blessed. I am so looking forward to a full weekend with my three most favorite loved ones.

4 comments:

Mrs. F said...

You are going to be such a great step-mommy...I love hearing about the way you love those kids. It is so refreshing.

Dana said...

that was so sweet.... what a good mommy you are going to make - to the step kids and your new one to come! i'm new to your blog - it's very cute!!!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

awe! I always ate what my mom made. Pickiness was NOT an option. I do make lots of great food for E- but that is because I want her to have a love of eating. It sounds like you had a very relaxing evening.