Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sweet!

I am so excited. I have an appointment set up to meet a woman at my house on Monday afternoon. She is going to look at the house and then give me a quote of how much she is going to charge to clean it. With the roommate now gone, I need someone to come in and totally clean from top to bottom and scrub and I just can't bring myself to do it. Call me lazy, I don't care. There are so many other things that I would rather be doing like camping with my family, hanging out with my friends, doing the spur of the moment things Eli wants me to do, and so on than be tied to my house and missing out. I just don't want to do it.

Not to mention, having her around, it was almost impossible to keep anything clean. It seemed as soon as I cleaned something, she would come right behind me and mess it up. I could spend forever wiping down all the counters in my kitchen (there is so much of it!!) and the next thing I would know, she would make food and not even bother to wipe anything up. At first, I thought it was all Eli. And then I realized it wasn't him when we had been gone for two days and I had cleaned the counters right before we left and came home and they were disgusting. Caked with food and whatever else. And I can't even get started on the bathroom she used. I will say that she and the kids shared a bathroom and within weeks, I had to transfer the kids stuff into my bathroom because the shower was black. I don't know how people live like that!

So it is time for someone to come in and give me a hand. Eli is great at helping me. There has never been a time when I have had to do everything on my own, but we would rather be spending our time doing memorable things instead. Who can blame us? Anywho, the lady comes on Monday and then will come and clean on Wednesday. SO EXCITED!!!!

4 comments:

HM said...

I am SO jealous!

Cat said...

Good for you!! I did this when I had my foot surgery and it was so nice to come home once a week and have the entire place clean. You are going to love it!

Megan said...

We have our cleaning crew come twice a month - they are a godsend!! The best money we EVER spent!!

Mrs. F said...

Very exciting!

If I worked full time I would have a house cleaner, too. There is just not enough time in the day for cleaning when you work full-time! Good luck!