Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sunny, yet COLD, Saturday

What a beautiful day today has been...not so much the weather, although the sun was out, but the day in general and the three lovely people I shared it with. The little ones actually slept in til almost 8:30 which was oh so nice. And while we let daddy sleep in, we cuddled downstairs on the couch, but that wasn't too long. Then while the little ones played, we cooked up a great breakfast (hash browns, eggs, bacon, and some yummy tasting juice).

Then it was shower time and off on our adventure. We had been telling the kids all week that we had something fun for them to do, but hadn't told them what it was. First we had to make a stop and I was able to get a nice new winter jacket. The two I have were bought for me - one two years ago, and the other three years ago. I hated spending the money, but let me tell you what, it was worth it.

Next stop was the pumpkin patch. The kids were stoked. It didn't take long before Swae and Seth had their huge pumpkins picked out. We ended up getting four this year - one for everyone in our family. Then the kids picked out little ones and they were sure to grab five because the baby couldn't be left out. It was so nice, yet it got very cold. It was good until the wind picked up and with that chill, it was too much. So we didn't get to go through the corn maze or do a hay ride as planned. We are hoping for a better day, without wind to do those fun things. You could tell that the kiddos were chilly because they didn't even argue the fact that we were leaving after only grabbing our pumpkins and snapping a few pictures (those to come Monday).

It was then the kids said they wanted to take Eli and I to lunch and In and Out, so we were off to fill our bellies. I swear, no matter how often I eat there, I just love it. And their milk shakes (no, I didn't have one today) are the best ever. After this, most of our day was over and it was back to the house for Swae, Seth and I to snuggle up under some blankets and take a rest. Oh how I needed that.

This evening, Eli is carving one of our pumpkins...even though we are sure it won't make it til Halloween and we are enjoying some quality time together. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better day. I hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the pumpkin patch. What fun. Post pics soon.

Also when I lived in Cali-I loved IN and OUT so damn much. I wish they were on the east coast.

Christy said...

We need pictures! I am so glad your little family had such a good weekend:)

HM said...

Oh how fun! The pumpkin patch is always a blast!

And Saturday was SO cold! My son had his last soccer game and you know how you get so cold you think you've never been that cold before even though you know you have...well ya that's sort of how it was. Ha! Glad you had a great weekend!

HM