Friday, October 3, 2008

BOO

I got a wonderful idea from a blog that I follow. The actual post is THIS one.

Honestly, I have never participated in something like this before. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought I wanted to be part of something like that. Then I thought about my neighborhood. It is so brand new. We have new neighbors surrounding us and I just thought it would be something nice to start and do. Plus I figured the kids would have a great time being "sneaky" and leaving something for someone and then could only imagine their excitement if they were to get something in return. I can only hope that my neighbors would continue it.

So, off to the store I went to buy some goodies. However, I didn't stop with just the neighbor part. I thought it would also be fun to "Boo" someone in my office and then continue it here at work. For the work on, I changed it to only having to "Boo" one person. I was able to "Boo" someone today. It is one of my higher ups and she has gone through a very rough time. Due to personal things and people in the office getting into her business, she has become very subdued and keeps to herself. She always does things for other people, but tends to just...be by herself.

I happened to be walking down the office when she noticed the "Boo". Her facial expression and obvious excitement were such a warm feeling. I love being able to do something for other people. She showed it off to me and one comment stuck out. Softly she said, "Who cares about me enough to do this for me?" Wow...

I am so happy with the choice I made to "Boo" her. I am a lot closer to other people in the office, but it is clear that this woman needed that.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh what a cute idea and what fun. I have neighbors that I enjoy as well but I am not sure if I have the energy to do it. LOL. You go girl.

Jodi said...

That is a very thoughtful thing to do.

Katie Marie said...

Your so sweet. I read the original one too and it didn't even cross my mind to do something like that.

Just Jiff said...

What a great idea!! You picked the right person. :)

Jen said...

Awww! I might have to do one now! ;)