Wednesday, October 8, 2008

17 week Appt

It went well. It was super short and very simple. My doctor is back from maternity. I definitely heart her. She is so awesome. She doesn't rush through your appointment. She sits back and talks to you and really wants to hear about how you are doing. She asks questions, thoroughly explains things and genuinely cares. I am so thankful that I chose her for my doctor. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor before and I am just so thankful I feel this way with someone that has such an important job. I mean, not only does she need to make sure I am doing what I need to be doing, she needs to make sure my bean is safe.

I got to hear the little heartbeat again. The feeling that over comes my body when I hear it is completely indescribable. The love I have for the little human growing inside me is unbelievable. I look at Swae and Seth and can't help but be so very thankful for all that I have been blessed with...and Eli as well. I was telling the kids last night that we will be finding out whether it is a baby brother or sister right before Halloween and their little faces just lit up with excitement. I can't explain how much I love knowing they are excited about this baby.

The doctor told me that I look great, which I needed to hear. I had someone at work say to me after finding out I was pregnant, "Well, I am glad to know you are pregnant. I was beginning to wonder what was going on with you..." Are you kidding me? That didn't really sit well with me after some other stuff at work. Not to mention, she might as well have just said, "Damn, you are starting to look fat." Why thanks for noticing! Oh and she didn't stop there. She then stopped at my office this morning to say, "So, you are only 3 months pregnant?" I said, "No, I am just about a full 4 months." Her reply, "Wow, you are really poochin' out there." WTF?!!!?! Do people not think before they speak? Anyhow, doctor says I look great. And I have only gained about 4 pounds which she says is awesome. I told her about above woman and she laughed and said to get used to rude people.

So things are going swell. I am right where my doctor wants me to be. I am feeling good. I am eating well. My little bean is just cooking away. Just under 3 weeks until the next appointment. Today it hit me that I am almost half way through...the time is flying!!

5 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so great :)
Time for a new belly shot though ;)
Don't listen to what people say, people can be so rude and inconsiderate when it comes to pregnant people.
But yeah, time for another belly shot ;))

Katie Marie said...

Boo co-worker! She's probably jealous that you are hot and prego.

4 pounds? Holy cow, I gain that after one meal.

Jodi said...

So happy for you Steph! Forget the lady who made that comment. Puh-Lease! Women have babies at 100 pounds, 125 pounds..150..200 and more. Women who are pregnant are all beautiful no matter what the size. Your little belly is SO cute. She's commenting at you at four pounds gained? That woman really needs to get a grip. My sisters gained 50 pounds during their pregnancies.

I think you look great. Don't let anyone bring you down Steph..whether you gain 4 pounds or 50 pounds. You are being healthy for you and your baby. Your doctor says so too. People really got to keep their mouths zipped sometimes.

Megan said...

I am so glad you are doing fabulous. Rude people suck. What happened to the phrase "if you can't say something nice DON'T say it at all" I have had several men call me "big momma" and I am like WTF...I am like you though...if my doctor is fine with my weight gain, so am I.

Christy said...

Your coworker sounds rude. Anyways, I can't believe you are already 17 weeks! Time really is flying by!