Thursday, January 31, 2008

This and That

I don't know what is going on, but as the day progresses, I feel more and more like shit. Ugh... I really hope that I am not getting sick. I hate being sick. I can't decided if it is my stomach or my throat. At times my throat will feel like it is getting scratchy and sore and then other times it feels fine. My stomach, well it just hasn't been right all day. And I definitely think that the flu is the worst ever and am praying that I am not getting the flu. Swae had the flu and was sick Tuesday when we had them and Eli is sick today. Poor thing woke up getting sick first thing this morning. He is a trooper though because he made it to work for at least half the day (still getting sick). Now he is home and resting. I hope my pain is just sympathy for him!!

I am so excited for tonight. While Eli lays around at home, I will be meeting up with the guy I used to coach with and two of our old volleyball girls. We are going to pizza and then the UNR basketball game. I haven't seen my volleyball girls in forever. They were by far my favorites. I was always told that I couldn't have favorites, but I couldn't help it. These girls are freaking awesome. And even though they graduated and are in college now, we still keep in touch. It makes me feel like I had some sort of an impact on their life. I was invited by them and their families to go on their graduation trip to Mexico. I didn't go, but that just goes to show how close I was with them. Plus, I love watching the game. I just hope that I feel better than I do right now. If I wasn't so excited and hadn't had these plans for over a month, I would definitely not go.

Oh!! Last night after work I got a facial. I don't get them very often and the only time that I do get them is when I get a gift certificate for them (which is usually from my mom). Well, when I was moving offices, I was going through a drawer and found a gift certificate that my parents got me for Christmas. But it wasn't the Christmas we just had, it was Christmas 2006!!!!!!! Yea, I suck. When I called them, they said that it had expired and asked if the gift certificate showed and expiration date. Lucky for me, it didn't and I was able to use it. It was wonderful. So relaxing. The lady that I had was cute. She was older and was very into disclosing a ton of information about herself and her life. When it got to the part where she massaged my neck and arms and stuff, I was out! I was so comfortable that I just couldn't stay awake. It was a very nice little pampering session. My face feels great and has a little extra glow.

Ok, back to getting just a couple more things done before my fun night out!

2 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Wow! I would LOVE a facial!!

Hope Eli gets better and you don't come down with the flu. Did you get your flu shot? :)

Sick kids are so sad and I can't stand it. I just want to take it all away for them!

Shawna said...

I have never had a facial but you make it sound super nice. I have a gift card to a local upscale spa. Maybe I will use it on a facial.

Hope you feel better and have fun tonight.