Thursday, January 3, 2008

Storm Brewing

There is a really big storm warning in our area right now. I have heard that it is supposed to be one of our top 5 biggest storms or something like that. Anyhow, on my way to work I was listening to the radio and of course the storm was the topic of conversation. They are saying that there will be a blizzard in effect at 4am tomorrow and to be careful on the way to work because it is going to be slow go. This got me thinking...I would rather stay home than deal with all the stupid ass people that don't know how to drive in the snow. Any time there is any weather at all, people automatically get stuck on stupid. It is the most annoying thing. Even if it is just rain, you would think that there was feet of snow on the ground and that there are just inches of ice covering the roads.

I learned before I ever turned 16 how to drive in the snow. My dad was so good about making sure I was prepared. He always told me that the worst driver is a scared driver. He would make me start hauling ass and then slam on my brakes. Oh the things that we did while I was learning to drive. But I am so thankful for it. Because of him, I don't mind driving in any weather. I am confident in my driving abilities and know what to do in most situations. I grew up in Washoe Valley, so the drive from home to school, was a long one and the roads were always shitty in the winter.

What I do hate about driving in the snow, is just the other people. They are the ones that you really need to look out for. I have seen more people do more stupid shit in the snow. And if tomorrow is really going to be as bad as they say, I am really going to leave my house hours early so that I can beat all the morons that don't know shit about driving in the snow. I don't care how early I get to work and just have to sit here. It would definitely beat the aggravation of dealing with stupid drivers. I guess we will see what this storm brings. I am a little excited, but then not so much because I really, really don't like the cold! I am so ready for summer already!

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

fucking snow!

man and this means brandons gonna wanna play in it which means i have to get cold uggggggg

Anonymous said...

I am one of those people who can't drive in the snow! I HATE IT! I just won't go anywhere if there is snow. Luckily I can get to work with a short walk to the train station.
I HATE SNOW!!!

angie said...

I hate driving in snow. I have to admit that it makes me nervous! Actually it's when the roads look wet and it's cold that I get nervous because of black ice. But I still drive like I know what I'm doing! I know the drivers that you are talking about though...ugh!