Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Walkin' w/Mom

I haven't seen my family since Christmas. Maybe it was right after, but I know I haven't seen them this year yet! That is so unlike me. It's not my fault though. Every time we have plans, something always comes up (and usually on their end) and its canceled. It ranges from mom being too tired, dad being up all night the night before working and too tired and most recently, my sister being sick. Well, I know that I don't want to get sick and I sure don't want the other three getting sick either. So I have steered clear until she is better.

But I miss them. My sister texts me daily telling me how much she loves and misses me. It is so cute. And my parents tell me all the time too when I am talking to them. Mom and I were emailing back and forth the other day and decided that we should have dinner on Sundays. It will be a standing thing that we all know about and can plan around. I thought that was a good idea. Not only that, but my mom is training for a marathon (she isn't going to run it, a mix of run/walk) and asked if I would start walking with her a couple days a week. Hell yes! Exercise and spending time with mom - can't beat it! This will be good for us. And definitely me. Remember the post about getting my ass in the gym?? Still hasn't happened. I did get some exercise hiking my ass back and forth from the truck over the weekend up a freaking hill. That felt good, but totally kicked my ass.

Best part will totally be seeing my family. They are so wonderful and I just love the shit out of them.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

My family does Thursday night dinner (It started out as Thursday because my mom and sis are huge survivor fans and they just kept that day). Unfortunately, they live in a different state, so I only get to hear about it. It makes me so sad and homesick. You're lucky you get to spend time with your family. I hope you have a ton of fun! :)

Airam said...

Sounds like a good thing to do with your mom! My family and I have dinner every Friday. It's something I look forward to.

angie said...

A dinner night would be a great thing. I tried to do something like that with Dave's dad but his schedule is so wacky that it doesn't ever work out for the same night!