Monday, January 7, 2008

My Goal

Lately I have felt like a huge lazy ass. I know that I am not lazy by any means, but as far as being motivated enough to work out - LAZY ASS. I was doing so good about going to the gym and then some time in July, I just stopped going. There was no reason for it that I remember. Well, maybe it was because I was working out with my boss and her schedule changed and she couldn't make it when we would go. Not sure though. That and I hate working out by myself. I don't know why that is, but I do enjoy the company. Once I get into a groove though, it doesn't matter if I go alone or not.

With me feeling like a lazy ass, I have decided that I should probably get back into the gym. I love doing cardio (after the initial dread of starting). I used to be a big ole freak and work out 7 days a week, but right now, I think I can get by with at least 3 days. It will be nice too with me getting off work early because then I can get in and out of there before the rush. I just want to get in and get out. Today, even though I am dreading it, I am going to make my appearance and force myself to cardio. Just going will be a huge step. I am sure that after I go, I will feel so good and want to keep going.

I know that when I start going and get a routine down, I will make working out a priority. It is just the starting that routine that is so hard for me. I always tend to have a ton more energy, not ever be as tired, and sleep like a little baby. So there you have it. That is a goal of mine and I really need to stick to it. Not because I feel like I need to lose weight, but because I feel better about myself when I do.

Oh, and I just found out my mom and sister got a gym membership. So maybe the three of us can work out together sometimes. We live on opposite sides of town, so I won't drive to where they will be during the week, but I wouldn't mind making the drive at all on the weekend.

4 comments:

Airam said...

Found your blog through Lindz ... I totally relate to this post! I've felt like a lazy ass for the past year and a half!

Lindz said...

So much easier when you have people to go with! I promised myself I would go to the gym tonight and I was too burnt out. I need to cut the excuses too.

kat said...

Welcome me into your Lazy Ass club? Working out alone sucks and I always need to work out with a second person or else I will lose motivation immediately.

It is weird..but I can totally relate.

Shawna said...

I am like you too. Working out is way more fun when you have company.