Sunday, January 27, 2008

Big Night Out

Last night was just what the Dr. ordered. A night out with my friends - dancing, cocktails, great people. Doesn't get much better than that. I hadn't been out downtown and dancing in forever. I think the last time was some time in February...maybe shortly there after. It isn't because of Eli either. I was getting tired of the going out scene. Doing the same thing ALL the time, seeing the same people, getting drunk, feeling like shit the next day, hangovers, spending too much money. I was just over it.

I was a little hesitant about going out last night. I mean, it had been months. I was all nervous getting ready and trying to figure out what to wear. Then I got all weirded out wondering what it was going to be like being out for the first time in forever, if I would fit in, if I would have fun or just absolutely hate it.

It turned out wonderful. Everyone that I used to party with made it out. Everyone was more than excited for me to be out and it was just a wonderful time. I danced and danced. Everyone was still raring to go at midnight and that was when I started to get tired and be ready to go home. But, I rallied and was able to pull off staying out with everyone til 3am. While it was a wonderful time, I don't think I will find myself going out again any time soon. It was fun, but something that would have to be in small doses. I guess I have just gotten to the point where I don't really want to party all the time. I enjoy my down time and home time very much.

I am super tired today. Thankfully I am not hungover though. So I plan on spending the rest of the day relaxing. It will be a nice end to my weekend. Ugh, work already tomorrow!

5 comments:

Airam said...

Glad you had fun! I go back and forth to about wanting to go out but then always have fun when I just give in and go.

Lindz said...

Had the same exact experience this weekend. Glad it worked out for you too.

Cristina Mathers said...

I used to go out at least 2 nights a week from the age of 21 to about 23. it was exhausting, and expensive! the last time i went out, i had fun, but would way rather do a nice dinner and cocktails with friends than the bar crawl. sigh, i think i am getting too old.

glad you had fun!

Jen said...

Dude I am so jealous. I soo want to go dancing. Need. Babysitter. AND WET NURSE!

Megan said...

Sounds like such a great time - glad you had fun, girl! :)