Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On Campus Today

Obama is here on campus today. He started speaking about ten minutes ago. I can hear him...but it is muffled and can hear the crowd of people yelling plain as day. I didn't even know that he was going to be here until yesterday some time. And then we started getting a bunch of emails talking about security and parking. So many of our workers have been out of control busy preparing for this.

This morning I got to work early. It was just before 6am when I was pulling into the parking garage and there were people streaming down Virginia Street and through campus heading the quad where he is speaking. I couldn't believe it. I also heard that there were people lining up before 5am! DAMN!

We were allowed to go to see him if we wanted to. I was going to and then chose not to due to having far too much to do. But I wanted to share.

5 comments:

HM said...

Ha! We live in the same place! I wanted to go see him but had to work. Let me know how it goes!

amanda said...

so were you able to get out of work early?? i imagine it was crazy!!

Rachel said...

That is cool. Personally, I just want the whole thing to be over and done with-it gives me anxiety thw whole politics thing.

Lainey-Paney said...

just got caught up:
the conversation at the table...ugh. I bet I would have just cried & cried after he left...
The camping trip: looks like a blast!

Christy said...

I want to see Obama speak!