Thursday, September 18, 2008

14 weeks 5 days

Ali, just for you, I have made sure you could see some of my ring in this picture.

I went in to get my nails done yesterday and got made fun of because they say I don't look pregnant at all. I however think I am starting to show, even if it is super small. There is still a little bump there. The weeks are flying. Maybe it has to do with how busy I am between work and my personal life. Regardless, it has been great. I feel great and have energy. I have been crashing at night, which is a good thing. There have been a few nights that I have made it through the night without having to get up to pee. I love this and know that it will be very short lived. So I am cherishing these nights while they happen.

I was reading yesterday that my little one is 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces!!! I am still waiting to really feel pregnant, but still enjoying every single day. Every day I make a conscious effort to eat healthy and enough for me and the little bean that is growing inside me. And I have been forcing myself to drink a lot of water. I should probably try to drink more. At least I am trying.

My mom and I were talking last night and she was telling me that she wants me to go in and get professional shots of my belly every week as a gift from her and my dad. The last picture would be of me holding my little baby. She already talked to the place and they said I could bring Swae and Seth in with me during my 8 month shoot and they would shoot the kids with my belly and not charge us an extra sitting fee. I couldn't get over how special and priceless such a gift would be. Having Swae and Seth included meant the world to me. I want them to be a part of this and feel special and excited. So that is something that I think I will be doing. It will be something I will always have and be able to look back on. That is priceless.

Alright, I am off to eat some cereal and maybe an English muffin. Have a great day everyone!

12 comments:

Mrs. F said...

What a generous gift from your parents! I would definitely take them up on that offer, this is such a fabulous time in your life.

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEE I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

And the pictures!!! You will love them. There is one hanging in my doctors office and every time I go in there it makes me that much more excited for my day!

Megan said...

I can see a little bitty change from last weeks picture. Your pregnancy will FLY by and he or she will be here before you know it. Do you have any intuitions about the gender yet?

Christy said...

I am photo junkie. I take my kids in to have their pictures taken every 3 months. Other people think that it is a waste of money, but I don't. I will never regret having all of these wonderful professional pictures of my babies.

So, I think it is a wonderful idea. Definitely do it!

Just Jiff said...

I love the picture idea! Very sweet of your parents. And I like the new layout. Very cute. :)

Jayla'sMommy said...

UUUHHH!!! The belly is growing, you can definitely see a difference from the past few weeks :))
And wow, that is such a great idea with the professional belly shots, how nice of your parents, they must be so excited!!!!

Jodi said...

First, I LOVE the new page look. Very nice.

Second, I am starting to see a belly Steph!! How exciting!!!! Ok, it is a very small belly but still I see a bump. Toooooo cute!

Third, what a precious gift your parents are giving you. The journey of your little one's growth from your womb all the way to his/her birth. Just beautiful and to include his/her future siblings is just wonderful.

Coffee Slut said...

LOVE the new look!
And just lookit that lil belly growing!
Awesome!

Lainey-Paney said...

what a wonderful gift!

Nellie said...

Pretty new page!

Stefanie said...

Love the layout! How cute that your mom is giving you that picture gift. Such a great idea.

So@24 said...

Cereal and an english muffin? Those crazy weird cravings are already starting!

...

Oh wait...