Thursday, September 4, 2008

12 weeks 5 days


I can totally see a little bump forming. And I can really notice it at the end of the day and my belly is full. Plus, the other night Eli reached over and rubbed it and then leaned over and kissed it. My heart fucking melted people. It was the sweetest moment ever. When he shows his soft side like that, I fall in love with him even more. I have a feeling from here on out, there will be more and more progress in the bump. As of last week I hadn't gained any weight. When I was at my parents, it looked like I might have been up a pound or two...so the weight gain must be starting as well. As much as it is hard for me to grasp, I know it is healthy and just what the little one in me needs. I am hooked on reading about what is going on each week - what is developing, how the arms, fingers, legs, and toes are developing. I was reading this week that if I were to push on my tummy, it would make the baby move, even though I couldn't feel it. Pretty incredible. I am getting more and more energy, although I am definitely tired come 9:00pm. Going to bed early is good for me though and I like not waking up so tired. So it works out. Alrighty, there is the weekly update.

10 comments:

Just Jiff said...

I don't see it yet, but you're still too dang cute!!

Katie Marie said...

A pound or 2 is good. 25 to 35 is good. I don't know that I would recommend 75 lbs. It tasted delicious being put on but not so delicious coming off.

Christy said...

You are so freaking tiny. I can't wait to see the pictures of you at 9 months pregnant!

Jayla'sMommy said...

Can't wait to watch your teeny tiny bump turning into a big baby bump :))
And I totally was just like you when I was pregnant, I loved reading about all the new things the baby had and did each week. Being pregnant is so amazing :))

Mrs. F said...

So cute, you are! I'm going to have to go with multi-tasking mama and recommend that you NOT put on 75 pounds. It sucks trying to take it off, cause lord knows there will not be a 75 pound baby...

amanda said...

adorable belly :)

and thanks for stopping by my world! yay for all things fall!!

Jen said...

I started showing at about 12 weeks. You wouldn't believe how many people get to my blog by googling "12 week belly shot"!

Coffee Slut said...

awwww ....adorable!
Looking forward to watching it grow!

Jodi said...

Awwww...teeeeeny tiny...Looking forward to watching him/her grow!!

Too cute! Happy Friday!

angie said...

How exciting! It is probably so interesting to learn what that baby is doing inside of you, especially since you can't feel a thing yet!