Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time with My Bestest

Monday morning I was invited to brunch at the Peppermill buffet with the girls and their family. Their older sister was in town visiting with her boyfriend, their stepbro and his girlfriend were there, their dad and stepmom, and then their Grampie and Grammie. It was so nice. We enjoyed all sorts of yummy food. We got there at the tail end of breakfast, so the first round was breakfast...not too impressed, then came the lunch, which is much better in my opinion. I always enjoy time out with them and their family. Plus, spending the quality time with my bestest while she was here was priceless. Tara was took a picture of Kara and I on her iphone. Oh how I love this girl.Yesterday was fantastic. I got up and came to work. The work day was great because the whole time I was just looking forward to 12:30 when I knew Kara and Tara would be coming to get me from work. Surprisingly, the day didn't drag either, time flew. Once I was out of work, I was soaring even more and just so thrilled to be spending my whole afternoon with my best friends. First we were off to lunch. Next stop was the dress shop for them to look at bridesmaid dresses with me. My sister was out of school early, so she was able to meet us there, which I loved. I want her to feel like a huge part of this, since she is. She looked gorgeous in the dress that she tried on and I am so lucky to have her be the one right next to me on my special day. I found one that I really like, but they have to order it, so we will go back in when it comes in. So I am very much looking forward to that. Next stop, the wedding location so the girls could see it in person. My sister didn't come with us there because she has been there every other time, bless her heart. The girls fell in love with it just as much as I did and we were able to come up with even more ideas. Then we had to go on and try on my wedding dress since they weren't able to be there for that either. Again, they were gushing. Both agreed there couldn't be a more perfect dress for me.

After all our running around, we grabbed a Starbucks (decaf for me please!) and were off to Tara's to relax for a few. We took probably 45 minutes to figure out what we wanted to make for dinner before having to take Kara to the airport. In that time, I was able to get a hold of my doctor's office finally. They had called last week about my test results from my blood work. I had called them a couple times but couldn't get through. Well, yesterday, I really started feeling like I was getting a bladder infection bad (it had been coming and going for about a week now). Turns out, they called to tell me everything looked good on my blood, but they had detected the small bladder infection and wanted to treat me. Thank you!!!!! So I am on medication for that, which we picked up while we were out getting our groceries for our yummy dinner. We had guacamole and chips while cooking and baking our enchiladas.

Before I knew it, it was that time...the time we had been dreading all day but hadn't been thinking about. We had to leave for the airport. Talk about depressing. I held up well until Kara started bawling. It broke my heart and just crushed me. It was so hard to watch her go. But it helps knowing that in just a month, I will see her again. I cherished every second I got to spend with her and am looking forward to the next time. Until then, I will be missing her like crazy and living through phone calls with her.

2 comments:

angie said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend with the twins...and got lots of wedding stuff done too :)

Just Jiff said...

awww! So sad for you! But glad you got to spend time with them.