Monday, September 15, 2008

Potty Training

Eli and I have been working with Seth on potty training for months. It started I believe before the beginning of summer. Even though we were trying, he still wasn't ready. He did LOVE his big boy undies though...just couldn't keep them dry. We really had a break through though a little over a month ago. Instead of us asking if he wanted his big boy undies on, he was asking us for them. It was great. It showed that he was starting to really be ready for it. And now, he is potty trained during the day and has even been able to move up a class in pre-school because of it. He has an assortment of undies and he is always so excited to pick them out. Accidents are very rare. I believe the only two he has had on over a month are when he was all distracted playing and waited too long. He is learning though.

We had another break through over the weekend. I know some people that put kids in diapers at night or the night time pull ups, but to me that just seems like a security blanket. If they don't want to get up and go, they don't have to and know it. This weekend, there were no diapers, no pull ups. Just big boy undies period. I did take precaution and put a thick layer of toweling down. But it wasn't needed. There wasn't an accident during nap time nor during either night. I was a little worried about Saturday night since they were so tired, but even then, he was a big boy and no accidents. It worked out so well and when he woke up in the morning and realized he made it all night, his face was priceless and he got to tell me what a big boy he was and that he didn't need night time pull ups.

I am so proud of him for making it this far. Good boy Sethie! Daddy and I are proud of you and we love you so much.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah sethie. We are so proud of you too and way to go mom for trusting your little guy

Christy said...

Wow! I am very impressed. I am a total chicken when it comes to potty training.

Jodi said...

Congrats to Seth! I remember my sisters training their kids.

You're going to be a pro now by the time your little one is ready to get potty trained!

Coffee Slut said...

Yay! That is awesome!

Just Jiff said...

yay!! I used those pads for housetraining puppies under a towel. That way, if it soaked a towel, it didn't go to the mattress. I hate the crinkly sounds of a liner for the mattress so I didn't use those.

amanda said...

yipppeee :)

congrats to seth and both of you guys!!

Lainey-Paney said...

KUDOS!
We've been working on potty training for a year.
Ugh.