Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a Day

Actually it started yesterday. Work was insane. One of our girls didn't meet probation and was let go. Before she left, things were getting behind. Now that we are short someone, the fear of getting behind increased. Having someone that you work with get let go leaves you feeling many different emotions. And it definitely makes you sit back and be thankful that you have a job and then re-evaluate the employee you are. Everyone can better themselves in some way. I found myself thinking of things that I could do different to be a better employee and a better co-worker. I can only imagine there were others doing the same thing.

Being a person short means more duties being added to my already very full plate. I do feel very honored being given more things to do because I feel that my employers feel that I am capable of taking on a heaping plate and are confident in my ability to get the job done. Anxious for the day that lied ahead of me, I was up early and to work early. Getting there early ensures that you are left alone and in that short amount of time, it is insane the amount of work that can be done. The day started out great. By 7am I was doing great and already had two projects done. By 9am, I was half way through a daily task that I do (but was a day behind on due to yesterday being crazy). Then there was an hour break for a staff meeting. This meeting was about changes being made due to budget and then reminded everyone how they should be treating each other and our customers. We also discussed how the work would be distributed. It was then back to work and I barely stopped to eat. That I had to due since I was pregnant. If I wasn't, I probably would have worked through forgetting all about eating until I left the office and finally realized the hunger pains I had.

I left the office feeling great. Very productive. Such a great feeling. It is so nice when you feel like you are accomplishing something. To me, that gives me something to look forward to. It helps me get out of bed the next day to do it all over again. It makes me want to stay extra hours just to accomplish that much more. I love seeing progress. I love meeting the goals that I set for myself.

After my day, I was tired. But it was a good tired. I took a small nap and went to my parents for a nice family dinner. It was perfect. And then I came home to the most wonderful man that I have ever known and feel in love all over again with him. He didn't do anything special. All he did was wrap me in his arms the way only he can and nuzzle my neck. My heart melted and I fell in love. It was the perfect way to end the day.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker. That happened to mine last May 2007. It has just been myself & my boos since then. I had many emotions going through my mind when he let her go. I know what you mean by a full plate. Knowing they have the confidence in you should make you feel so good though. It is great that you put your heart into your work & I'm sure they are aware of your devotion. Good for you!!

Very cool that you had a nice dinner with your family & came home to your man. All seems to be going so good for you Steph!

Looking forward to seeing a belly shot in a few days. Awwww!

Megan said...

Doesn't being super productive at work make the day fly by. I enjoy days like that. Just don't get overwhelmed. It is great you have such a good attitude about taking on more work. Many people don't. I keep telling my boss that I can do some work from home during maternity leave because a lot is done on the Internet and I don't want to get behind or put my work on her.

It is Awesome that you have such a great man to come home to. He will get a lot more protective and even happier as your pregnancy progresses! It is wonderful knowing that you have someone you can count on. I don't know what in the world I would have done without my hubby!

Just Jiff said...

awww. So sweet. And awesome on the productivity! It feels good!

Christy said...

Wow! You are so motivated and productive.