Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yesterday's Appointment

We had our second appointment yesterday. Again, Eli and my mom came with me. My mom is so freaking cute with how excited she is over this baby. Eli is just wonderful. He has been so great making sure that they schedule around the appointments at work, which is nice. Plus, he is loving being there for everything. I wasn't too sure what to expect from the appointment. It went very smooth and was rather quick. She had me lay down and unbutton my jeans to measure me and said, "Looks like you will be hiding this baby for a while." I am guessing that means I am measuring small. I meant to ask, but got side tracked because she was then putting the doppler on my stomach and before I knew it, I could hear my little baby's heartbeat!!!!!!!! It was the most incredible thing ever. It beats so fast. Eli and I were holding hands and he squeezed a little tighter while we listened. It was so nice to hear it. Now I long to see the little one again and find out what it is. That appointment will be in late October.

So, seems the little one is just cooking away, which is fantastic. I was able to finally find the DHA capsules I have been looking for, so I got a couple months worth I have read nothing but great things about DHA and am so happy that I was turned on to them. I will do anything and everything to help this little one in any way that I can!

6 comments:

Just Jiff said...

awww. I remember hearing Bayley's heartbeat for the first time. My doctor and I both teared up! I videoed it with my phone...it's just video of the light on the ceiling but the audio portion is totally clear! Still makes me cry!!

Lindz said...

So exciting! You are such a skinny minny! I am sure you'll be like so many of my other friends that measured small and then WHAM! out of no where were showing in a major way. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Christy said...

Hearing the heartbeat is always fun.

I am so happy for you!

Jodi said...

Awww, how wonderful to hear your baby's heartbeat. You are very blessed Steph. I'm very excited for you!

angie said...

Glad your appointment went so well!! I bet hearing the heartbeat was super exciting!

Shawna said...

Oh how exciting. I will never forget the first time I heard Ella's heartbeat. I am so happy for you guys.