Monday, September 22, 2008

Sluggish Monday

What a weekend! We went to California and had a great time. I even got some sun watching Eli shoot, yet it wasn't really that warm. Warmer than what it was here though. Man it was cold when we got back to town! I am tired today and was yesterday. I went to bed super early and literally had to talk myself into getting up for the day. Oh how I would have loved to stay snuggled up in my bed! I will just be sure to go to bed early tonight and hopefully this dragging ass feeling will go away.

I got a comment (not on blogger) from a friend the other day about how I need to eat more after seeing my latest belly shot. The funny thing is, I am eating a lot. I told Eli's mom about the comment and she was like, you are constantly eating. I just chose to eat healthy things. I am not reaching for the sweets. I am enjoying eating fruits, veggies, granola. I just felt...hurt I guess. I know it is so easy for people to judge what someone is doing, especially when you have a child or children of your own. But it made me feel for a minute that I was doing something wrong in this pregnancy. And then I racked my brain about all the food that I do eat and I felt better. I realize I am not showing, but that is just how my body is made up. That doesn't mean that I am not being healthy for the baby because it is quite the opposite. I am just not carrying the same way that she did nor gaining like she did.

I love getting suggestions from people and advice. And while I know her comment was made because she cares about me and the baby, it just got to me. But I do know it was made out of love. I am really trying here to do the best for this little one growing inside me. And I am definitely not stupid enough to starve myself just to try to not gain weight or show. It's actually quite the opposite. I am ready to show and have a little bump. But it will come in time...in its own time.

8 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Just wait till the end. People will ask you if you are having twins. That does a number on your self-esteem, let me tell ya!

We all carry our babies different. You are fine!!!!

Megan said...

Totally agree with Mrs. F, you just wait. My weight started to come on about between month 6 and 7.

In the beginning I LOVED fruits...I still do but in the beginning if I had fruit in my hand I was happy. Now anything sweet is my friend. =)

Katie Marie said...

I didn't have a bump until about 24 weeks.

There will always be some criticizing your pregnancy or your parenting or your relationship. Just keep blowing it off like you are.

Christy said...

I didn't start showing until I was about 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. People made the same stupid comments to me. Don't worry, you'll be big and round in no time!

Jodi said...

Don't let anyone make you feel bad Steph. Everybody carries differently. If you had a small stature to begin with chances are you will take a long time to show. My niece (by marriage) was just like you and she literally ate nonstop. Her metabolism was just different and her body stature was different. She started showing a bit in her mid-20s weeks...but it looked like she had gas. She was SO tiny. She really didn't start showing until her 32nd week. She did belly shots too. So please don't let anyone feel like you aren't doing what you should be doing for your little one. You are eating healthy and often. Your belly will come soon enough.

Jayla'sMommy said...

I agree. You will start gaining weight. Everybody does it in their own time. I actually lost almost 10 lbs in the first 5 months of my pregnancy because I was so sick but my belly kept growing like crazy. Some people show early, some show later. And yeah, toward the end of my pregnancy several people asked me too if I was having twins and that's definitely an ego booster.. :((

Just Jiff said...

I hate when people tell you what you "need" to do while pregnant. I got it from strangers who I know meant well, but at some point LEAVE ME ALONE. I had a healthy, happy baby and I didn't eat nearly as healthy as you did. You're going to have to learn to blow off the comments...you'll get them the rest of your life now...about pregnancy, parenthood, etc. You're doing fine.

angie said...

I can't wait to see that little bump that you want to show off too! I'm sure you are eating just fine...you know what you need to do for your pregnancy and that's what you are doing. Everyone carries differently just remember that!