Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Outing Over the Weekend

I am sure it is easy to tell that Eli and I love to get out and do things. Getting out in the wilderness and getting dirty is fun and we love every minute of it. It gets us out of the house and it is such great quality time that we get to spend with each other. This past weekend we took a friend of ours and his son up with us to one of our favorite camping places. It was pretty much a last minute decision to go (like most of our get aways), but it turned out great.

We got up toward our spot early afternoon, so I had him stop the truck so I could snap a few pictures of the country. Where we go is pretty much in the middle of no where...and it's just perfect!!!

Lot's of desert.

We got to our camp spot, unloaded and were off on a ride to check out the country and see if the little doves were still in a spot we found them since they are now in season for hunting. Our friends riding in the back of the Willy.
The ride in that Willy was the roughest I have been on in quite a while. The terrain we were traveling was so rough and rocky. My body was jarred around and the whole time I just was praying that it wasn't affecting the baby negatively. Everyone keeps telling me the little one is safe and secure, but my goodness, what a ride!

We got up to the spot where all the dove were only to find that hunters had already been there and flushed them all out. And without going into detail, they definitely lucked out while there. Eli and I hiked around for a bit while our friend and his son went their own way. We got back to the Willy and we relaxing and I asked for him to snap a picture of us. Because he loves pictures so much, this is what I got!

Quite the shit he is. Of course he does that stuff just to get a rise out of me, which ALWAYS works and then was sure to smile for the next one. We were just about ready to have some intimate time in the desert, but our friend walked up. Damn it!!! Oh well, we still had our "moments".
The ride back to our camp was just as rough as on the way up. It took forever to get back. I did get a couple nice pictures of the sun going down.
The moon wasn't so bright yet, but it got bright that night. And the stars up there...amazing! They are so bright and there are so many. I just lay there before going to sleep watching them and taking them all in. It is just too beautiful for words.
There is the beast of a Willy that we drove around. That thing is so old and still runs like a champ. It was so much fun.
And the gun racks are so convenient!
The weekend was great, as usual. We enjoyed the company we had and enjoyed a long hot shower when we got back home. It is so beautiful where we go, but there is no way of staying clean at all. It is worth it though and we will be going back in a couple weeks with Eli's family. I can't wait. I am sure we will have good pictures from that trip!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

It looks like you had a great time! It is fun to do stuff like that!

Katie Marie said...

I love being outside.

Your boobs ARE getting big.

angie said...

The willy cracks me up! That thing does look like a beast!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I got your e-mail, but it didn't include your e-mail address. Send it to me at amartinialwayshelps@gmail.com. Spanks.

Just Jiff said...

looks like fun!