Friday, September 19, 2008

Hungry Friday

So far this fine Friday I have eaten an apple, yogurt and cereal. Every half hour it feels like I am hungry all over again. My little bean must be growing and needed extra or something. I have also been at work for 4 hours and gotten most everything done. Now I can work on the stuff that has been piling that takes less precedence. My boss has her baby with her today because he has a fever and a cold. So I have been enjoying some snuggle time with a baby as well. Good thing I am good at getting things done one handed!

In other news, a friend of mine (who is actually my friend's ex-girlfriend) found out she was pregnant...but the baby could have one of two daddy's. Her ex (my friend) is praying it isn't his. She is about 7 weeks along. So far she has been a mess. She had to come clean about what she was doing, which didn't go so well. Right now she is super scared of doing it alone and just wants one of them to take care of her. I couldn't even imagine. She has been super cute emailing me to ask how my pregnancy is going and then asking me questions since she is right behind me. I definitely don't know everything, but give her advice based on my personal experiences and those that I have read from every one's blogs. I got an email this morning saying that she is feeling really fat and has already gained 8 pounds and is just eating constantly. I didn't really have anything to say to that other than to eat when hungry and just try to make the best choices that she can. She is just feeling blah. We saw each other last week and she was saying how good I look and I don't want her to compare to me. So I was sure to let her know that everyone carries different. Every pregnancy is different and her body will do what is good for her.

I mean, I look at other people's pictures and I have seen people that were double what I am. Comparing me to everyone else would make me go freaking nuts! And we don't need that at all. It just makes me feel good to know that she has someone to turn to because most of her girl friends won't have much to do with her now that she is pregnant and what was going on came out. Granted I think it was wrong, but she still needs support. I couldn't imagine being pregnant and having my friends not be there and then not having support from anyone else.

This weekend is going to be another busy one. We are headed to California to a trap shoot. It should be fun. I am looking forward to getting out of Reno and seeing something new. I just want to get some sleep! I don't have to worry about eating good because Eli's mom makes sure that happens and they are coming as well. We also will be off camping next weekend. It seems like we are always on the go! It seems like forever since I have been home on the weekend! Oh well, we are enjoying what is left of the warm weather and making some great memories. Plus, I am sure I will be dwindling down in the energy department, so I need to enjoy it while it lasts!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I always felt hungry the first trimester and so I gained 6 pounds. UGH. I am sure if you listen to your body then the bean will get what it needs. Have fun in CA.

Just Jiff said...

My first trimester I was so NOT hungry... but I've heard the opposite happens too. Bless her heart..doesn't matter about her past indiscretions...she's pregnant and shutting her out will just leave her alone being stressed and anxious and sad. That baby doesn't need that.

Jodi said...

That is very cool that you are supporting your friend. She must be feeling very alone right now. I bet she values your advice & your friendship very much.

Have fun on your weekend trip. You guys have the best weekends! Enjoy them!

Megan said...

It shows that you are a great person to show your friend support like you are. I could not fathom going through this alone. Can she find out who the Daddy is before the baby is born?

Isn't it crazy how all women carry SO different. I have carried a lot in my hips which sucks but that is just how I am made. I find that a lot of people will compare you with other pregnant friends or family. AND I am like "hello ppl" I was way bigger than her in the 1st place. But it's ok all I think about is I will not be this big for too much longer!

Enjoy going and doing as much as you can. My second trimester was the best.