Friday, September 19, 2008

Grilled Cheese

Have any of you ever had the yummy grilled cheese from Mimi's Cafe before??? It is the one where they use a ton of cheese (probably five different kinds). There is even cheese on the outside of the bread. OMG! It is the best grilled cheese I have ever eaten. I love it. Yesterday, I was craving it. I don't know how the hell it popped into my head, but that is what I wanted.

Later that day I was talking to Eli's mom about the weekend and she was telling me about restaurants that are close to where we are staying and the one that POPPED out was Mimi's Cafe. I almost fell over. How ironic that I was craving their grilled cheese and then I am being told that we will be eating there. I was happy to hear that. However, it hasn't filled my little craving I have.

I had some vegetable soup for lunch, but that just didn't cut it. So I called one of the great guys that I work with and he is on his way, right now, to get me a grilled cheese. Such a sweetie. Sad that it won't be from Mimi's, but it will be a grilled cheese and maybe then my tummy will be happy and content.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

What's to stop you from having the real deal this weekend then at Mimi's (wink wink)? Two in a row!

My one sister craved sausage sandwiches and my other sister used to put peanut butter & jelly in a mug (no lie) and mix it up and eat it with a spoon. LOL!

Christy said...

Hope you enjoyed that grilled cheese:)

Katie Marie said...

Yum!! Mimi's grilled cheese is my most favorite hangover food.

Not that your hungover, but still, yum.

Stefanie said...

I made so many grilled cheese sandwiches early in pregnancy. Something about them I just needed.

Jen said...

I wouldn't mind a grilled cheese right NOW= that you mention it. All I have is peanut butter though. : (