Friday, January 23, 2009

My Husband

I have the best husband ever!

Tonight I was really tired and all about relaxing. I fell asleep waiting for Eli to get home from work because I have been so very tired. Once he got home we chatted for a while. Lately we have been having the longest conversations. The kind where before you know it almost two hours have passed. It is amazing. He is opening up more and more and I couldn't be more thrilled. He made me a little something to eat and then went out in the garage to do something. I let him know I was going to be upstairs taking a bath and he said he would finish up so that he could come up and sit and talk with me.

I have a big bath tub. It is wonderful. However, it takes a lot of water to fill it. Tonight, the water never really got warm enough for me. While it felt good when I first got in, it quickly wore off and I was stating to get cold. My sweet, loving husband then boiled water (like in the olden days!!!!) to put in my bath to keep me warm. That is right. Two big pots of water and then sat there chatting with me even more.

Once I was out he cleaned up a couple of things while I put lotion on and finished getting ready for bed. Then he tucked me in, sat on the bed talking with me even more and tickled my back!

He really is the sweetest thing!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet guy you have there. Sounds like he is a keeper for sure. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments.

Jodi said...

Very sweet Steph! He's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like an amazing guy!! Like the other ladies said- he's a keeper!

SimplyBillie said...

Awww.... How sweet! Sounds like an amazing guy... definitely have to hold on to that one!

Cat said...

oh, wow! What a sweet thing to do. I am so happy you found someone who can treat you the way he does.