Monday, January 19, 2009

Fabulous Monday!

It is days like today that I love working for the State. I was lucky enough to have the day off with the kids.

This morning we all slept in, which was nice. We picked out our clothes, jumped in the shower, and ate some breakfast. And then we were off to our fun day. We met my sister and cousin at 7-11 where everyone was able to pick out their treats and a drink. Then it was off to the theatre to watch the newest hit out, Hotel For Dogs. If you have a little one, I totally recommend this movie. The theatre was packed today and throughout the movie there was so much laughter. The movie was super cute, has funny parts, sad parts, and just all around great. Swae and Seth were in heaven. They loved dogs and this movie is definitely one of their favorites. They are already talking about how we have to buy it for the house. It is one that I could definitely watch a few times and still completely enjoy.

I have never been in such a full theatre. When the movie was over, it took us over five minutes just to get out into the lobby. It was insane. Every single kid was talking about a different part in the movie, laughing, and just on cloud nine.

Once out, I decided to pop into the kids hair cut place called Snip-Its. Seth's head needed to be buzzed and Swae's hair needed a trim bad. At first she didn't want to have it cut because she wants to grow it out, but after I explained to her that keeping the ends nice will help it grow faster, she was all about it. The place, while not the cheapest, was super cute. The colors, the chairs, the TVs. Both were great. They sat super still and both ladies were saying how impressed they were with their behavior. It made me proud. After, they each got to pick out a sucker. Then, they had to grab a little piece of the hair that was cut and go over and get a prize. It was really cute. I would definitely pay the extra few dollars to take them in there again. What a super cute idea.

We then came home and all three snuggled up on the couch. The kids were fast asleep, but I only let them sleep for a little over an hour because it was late in the afternoon and I didn't want their mom having a hard time getting them to sleep tonight. As soon as they were up, they were saying they were starving, so we made up some yummy dinosaur chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges. The rest of the time was spent playing and wrestling. At one point, both kids had the belly laugh going. It was great. It was a nice end to a wonderful three day weekend and we are excited to get them back tomorrow night.

I have spent the rest of the evening grocery shopping, weeding through my pantry, and now going to go to bed. Oh! While I was shopping I noticed a woman staring at me. I finally made eye contact with her and she was all, "You are seriously so cute." It was such a wonderful compliment and made me feel good.

No comments: