Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Burning Sensation

Last night before crawling into bed, I was sure to eat a couple Rolaids. It didn't take long before the burning (and Eli) woke me up. Lucky for me, Eli got out of bed for something. While he was up, I asked him to get me a small glass of milk because that was a suggestion to help with this damn reflux that I am getting every so often. Guess what? It worked! (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!)

Today on my way to work, I stopped off and get me a little thing of milk from the store and I have been sipping on that whenever I have felt that my reflux might start acting up and it has really helped. Who would have thunk that MILK would help? Not me. I still want to try the vanilla ice cream to see if that helps. I just never seem to eat dessert after dinner. There just never seems to be enough time or I just don't have the energy to get it and eat it.

I think last nights little flare up was from the pizza we ate. For Christmas, we had gotten a gift certificate and that is what the kids wanted, so that is what they got. Tonight's dinner shall be excellent. Tortellini with some parmesan garlic alfredo sauce, salad, and broccoli with Velveeta cheese melted on top. YUM YUM.

I'm off to get our kiddos! Have a good rest of the afternoon everyone!

3 comments:

Just Jiff said...

It's 9:30 in the morning and I'm hungry now. THANKS A LOT. lol.

Milk to help reflux? Interesting! I'll let Joe know.

Jodi said...

I'm sitting here salivating at your dinner. LOL!

I bet that the milk helps coat your tummy. That was a good idea. Before I had my gallbladder out years ago I got bad reflux and milk would help me. It coats the lining of your tummy. Hmm? Never thought about vanilla ice cream. I'm sure it could do it also.

I just wanted to thank you also Steph for all the comments and positive thoughts that you made about me when I was in the hospital. This recovery is really bad for me. I'm not sure why I'm still in so much pain. I put a call in to the doctor and waiting to hear back. I just wanted you to know I appreciate it. I hope all is well with you & little Skylar!!!!

Stefanie said...

Reflux sucks! I had that when I was preggers. That tortellini dish sounds fantastic.