Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting It Down

Damn we are on top of things this week. Night #2 and the kids were asleep before 8pm! I think we totally have the hang of this and our shit together. We are very organized. And the kids seem to really enjoy the little routine that we have going.

Not only that, today was another successful morning of getting the three of us up and out of the house and me to work on time. It seriously is a great feeling considering this is new to me. I am finding my way and figuring out the little tricks that work best for us. It seems to all be working because I have two very pleasant kids in the morning and you can't beat smiles and laughing. Your day just can't start bad like that.

I am glad they are asleep early tonight again. They get up early and have long days. Their sleep is very needed. Tonight the four of us just cuddled and cuddled. We had a nice family dinner (tacos...that the kids devoured!) and just snuggled it up as much as possible. I can't begin to explain the joy it is to have them over night during the week and having more quality time with them rather than having it broken up with driving across town. Things are just so much more simple and flow so much smoother. It's how it should be and we are ever so grateful.

And now, I am going to follow the little ones. It is off to get ready for bed and then flop myself in bed. I am tired and have been for the last week. It's starting to really annoy me. Oh and the belly...totally bigger. You can definitely tell that I am pregnant. There is no more hiding it (not that I was). I'm excited to show the picture tomorrow. Good night all.

2 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Yes, it catches up with you. And LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I know that you like to be productive, are a hard worker, and all that; however, when your body tells you to rest, then do it. If it tells you that you're hungry, eat. If you have cravings, go for them. Seriously. Pregnancy is so wonderful and it's okay to let loose a little. You can do it now that you have a little bean parasite sucking away the calories! lol

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, so glad that it's all working out!

....and now, I'm really hungry for tacos....