Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For All the Mommies

I got these in an email and thought I would share them with all the mommies that I am sure will relate to ALL of them. While I am still in the process of having my first child, I have found that becoming a step-mom has already changed me in more ways than I could have ever imagined and I am able to relate to most of these as well.

1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.

#8 has definitely happened and it has been the best thing that I ever could have done. I actually sit back and wonder why I didn't do it sooner and prolonged the process. It is so nice to only be surrounded by true, loving, caring, positive, good people. I am so grateful for all that I do surround myself with.

#10 has been happening since May of last year.

And as for #14, I am not sure this will ever be the case. I struggle every single morning getting out of bed. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I don't like getting up. Maybe this will change. I am hoping it does.

4 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Awww, I love it.
Every single point is actually true for me. Well, I can't say that I've become a morning person but I kind of don't have a choice when Jayla wakes up at 6 am and wants to be entertained. You just get used to it LOL
Being a mom definitely is the most amazing thing, even now when Jayla is standing next to me whining and wanting me to get off the computer.

Just Jiff said...

The morning person thing you will understand when you wake up and go to your baby's crib. You are always happy to do it and especially once they start smiling back at you. That's the BEST thing EVER! Bay smiles at me as soon as she sees me and no matter how poorly I slept, how awful my day was, I always melt. You will too. :)

And the others are totally true too.

The fear one is accurate too. I used to think "ah, it will be fine." And now I worry about all sorts of strange things.

Dana said...

this was such a sweet and cute post!! i loved it!!!!

Rachel said...

Max opened my eyes up to the small things in life. It is all grace being a mom and it is wonderful. A child is such a blessing.